PDA

View Full Version : Wtd Lentek MC Head amp

Floyddroid
06-07-2016, 21:56
On the look out for a Lentek head amp.;)

Marco
06-07-2016, 23:28
Hi Steve,

I've just edited your post and thread title, as the Lentek is a moving-coil cartridge head amplifier, i.e. an active device, not an SUT (step-up transformer), which is a passive device and a very different thing :)

Good luck on finding one, and I shall keep my ears open for you too, in case I hear of anyone selling a Lentek :cool:

Marco.

jandl100
07-07-2016, 05:13
I've got one you can borrow for the medium term (i.e. several months at least), if you like, Steve.
I don't want to sell it 'just in case' but I have no plans atm to use it.

Just PM me your name/address and I can post it Saturday if you wish. :)

Floyddroid
07-07-2016, 05:16
Cheers Marco
Hi Steve,

I've just edited your post and thread title, as the Lentek is a moving-coil cartridge head amplifier, i.e. an active device, not an SUT (step-up transformer), which is a passive device and a very different thing :)

Good luck on finding one, and I shall keep my ears open for you too, in case I hear of anyone selling a Lentek :cool:

Marco.

Marco
07-07-2016, 08:37
I've got one you can borrow for the medium term (i.e. several months at least), if you like, Steve.

Result. Nice one, Jerry :thumbsup:

At least Steve will be able to listen to one in his system and ascertain whether its for him. When you take delivery of it Steve, do let us know how you get on :)

Marco.

Wakefield Turntables
07-07-2016, 10:20

Has it been modded by Nick or anyone else Jerry?

jandl100
07-07-2016, 10:22
Has it been modded by Nick or anyone else Jerry?

No, I don't think so,
It was a normal eBay purchase, iirc.

Wakefield Turntables
07-07-2016, 10:25
I only ask because I wonder if a modded Lentek sounds better than standard. My Lentek has been sympathetically modded in that caps were replaced like for like, the RCA's were replaced with something a little upmarket and a decent earth lead was added.

jandl100
07-07-2016, 10:30
By inclination I am not a modder and would be reluctant to buy modded kit.
As a boxswapper, I think it makes it harder to sell on outside the quite small modding community.
But that's just me. :)

Wakefield Turntables
07-07-2016, 10:38
Yeah your box swapping is legendary:)

Floyddroid
07-07-2016, 13:37

Hi Jerry. That is really kind of you. However, it looks like I may have tracked one down.

jandl100
07-07-2016, 16:20
OKey doke.