PDA

View Full Version : Good Afternoon from the smoke...

blu_glo
05-07-2016, 11:35
Hi all, Simon here, audio electronics industry and enthusiast particular fan of Leak valve amplifiers pre-amps and tuners. Also dabbled in "gainclones" before they became known as such currently use LM1875 types in Hammond extruded cases for computer audio!

Simon,
London

Puffin
05-07-2016, 14:21
Hi Simon, Welcome. I found building chip amps addivtive and made far too many. Also modded several ClassD's and made some Mosfet amps.

What kit have you got and what sort of music do you listen to?

Rob.

walpurgis
05-07-2016, 19:58
Hello Simon. Welcome to AOS.

Leak valve amps are popular here. I'm rather fond of the Stereo 20 myself. Dunno much about Gainclones though, but they seem to have a following.

Tell us what system you use at the moment and if you have any plans for it.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Sovereign
05-07-2016, 20:10
Welcome Simon

The Black Adder
05-07-2016, 20:12
Hello Simon.

Welcome to AOS :)

Jo :)

Barry
07-07-2016, 21:47
Welcome to AoS Simon,

So what Leak amplifiers did you have, and what are your tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum
Barry

blu_glo
08-07-2016, 06:07
Hi Simon, Welcome. I found building chip amps addivtive and made far too many. Also modded several ClassD's and made some Mosfet amps.

What kit have you got and what sort of music do you listen to?

Rob.

Hi Rob,

My main kit consists of Leak Stereo 60 x2 bridged into Kef Concerto (1970s kits) Leak Preamp (Gain reduced for Line levels), Leak Troughline Stereo, Goldring Lenco, and a Musical Fidelity M1 Clic for internet and home CD collection all recorded as FLAC on NAS.
At the monent though the Leak stuff and turntable are in storage and the M1 Clic is partnered with a Homebuild amp using a set of "Dr. Thomas" MOSFET power amp PCBs with "choke regulated" power supplies.....
Music 1960s/70s Classic Rock, 80s Metal, 90s Stoner Rock, 00s and onwards Psychadelic rock.

blu_glo
08-07-2016, 06:12
- for the welcomes

:cool:

blu_glo
08-07-2016, 06:16
as for my plans, when I sort myself out a permanent place to live, I will set up the Leak stuff including the tuner and use one of those Blutooth to car FM stereo gadgets you can get for peanuts on ebay. FM in England is useless 1. the channels available are complete crap 2. no-ones bothering to control the pirates anymore so what you do receive is commonly not the channel you're supposed to...
Anyhow I digress Bluetooth (APT-X - thoroughly recomended) to valve via the Leak Stereo Tuner......