PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

GeoffGreaves
03-07-2016, 15:11
My system? That's a bit like when the chap phones up and says "Microsoft here, you have a problem with your computer" and I answer "Really? Which one?" before I suggest that he jumps off a high building.
There's the system in the sitting room, the system in my office, the one in my bedroom, and the one in the room where we eat. Then there're the unplugged amps, speakers, cd decks etc. It's hard to believe that I ever get rid of anything but honest, I really have, and I do try to do better. :rolleyes:
I came here following a search for TDL RTL3s and will post in that thread. I am interested in loudspeaker design and believe that there is an elephant in the room as regards speakers viz a viz how they project sound and how we hear. I am a firm believer that purveyors of expensive cables are charlatans and that the most ridiculous thing you can do is to fit spikes to anything except running shoes. Perhaps I will explain why that is sometime.
My taste in music is eclectic but if I was on that desert island I'd have some AC/DC and Led Zep along with Beethoven, Mozart, Joni Mitchell, James Tayor, Elton John and Leonard Cohen, probably.
I don't think that you have to spend a small fortune to get good reproduction although I suppose that I have.:eek:

Enjoy the music, Geoff

struth
03-07-2016, 15:35
Welcome Geoff. Hope you enjoy the forum. Think there was a thread about those transmission lines a number of years ago.

walpurgis
03-07-2016, 16:55
Hello Geoff. Welcome to AOS from another Geoff.

Plenty of speaker tinkerers here, so you should get loads of replies to any questions you may have.

I agree. You don't have to spend a fortune to achieve good sound. Helps if you do though! :)

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Floyddroid
05-07-2016, 10:45
Great stuff. Welcome.

Barry
07-07-2016, 17:44
Welcome to AoS,

Nice introduction, but we're going to insist you list every item of equipment you have in each of your many systems! :stalks: Them's the rules. Nah, only kidding!

Nice eclectic tastes in music you have as well.

Enjoy the Forum
Barry