PDA

View Full Version : hello

stringvestor
02-07-2016, 21:00
I have a Cambridge amp and Kef C55 speakers, Rega Planar 2 turntable and I wanted to play vinyl again. I bought an Azur pre amp, but the volume is low; low frequency is lacking and it distorts at relatively low volume, and high volume is just not available. A Behringer pre amp gives the same result, as does my BD1/SME turntable. Any ideas?

david

struth
02-07-2016, 21:02
Welcome David. May be best asking your question in the main forum. Whats the cartridge fitted?

Macca
02-07-2016, 21:58
Hi David.

If you are using an MM cartridge use the MM input on the pre-amp, not the MC input. If there is one input for turntable see if there is a switch to toggle between MC and MM.

Don't know your pre-amp but that is the most likely cause. If it isn't that then start a thread in the relevant section of the forum and more qualified people than me will assist further.

Welcome to AoS

walpurgis
02-07-2016, 22:35
I have a Cambridge amp and Kef C55 speakers, Rega Planar 2 turntable and I wanted to play vinyl again. I bought an Azur pre amp, but the volume is low; low frequency is lacking and it distorts at relatively low volume, and high volume is just not available. A Behringer pre amp gives the same result, as does my BD1/SME turntable. Any ideas?

david

Hi David. Welcome to AOS from me too.

Try starting a new thread in the Analogue Arts section and describing your problem.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

stringvestor
05-07-2016, 21:28
The cartridges are MM aka 'magnetic' I believe. Both were working fine with my Cyrus 1 amp (since blown) when last used for vinyl. One is a Goldring mid price, the other came with the Rega turntable and has C77 on the side and is red. Neither pre amp has an MC option. The Behringer is brand new, the Azur 2nd hand via e bay.