PDA

View Full Version : New to these parts

RHW
01-07-2016, 09:04
Good morning and thank you for allowing me to join.

Briefly, I have had a life long interest in Hifi and Music. Im privileged to have owned and used some lovely equipment, including British, European, American and Canadian (as well as plenty of Japanese offerings) over the years. My current system is a hybrid to incorporate an AV system, and consists of Music First Audio TVA (which I'm selling) AudioNet Art G2 CD and EPS (also for sale), Bryston 9B 5 channel power amp (used to Bi-amp my front left and right). Speaker system is from Wilson Benesh, and consists of Discoveries and Taurus sub. The rest of the system, which makes up the AV side of things: Wilson Benesch centre, M&K sides and rear. The AV receiver is the Anthem MRX 700.

You may wonder why I'm selling the MF TVA/AudioNet Art G2. Well, as fantastic as they are (40+ years of upgrading led me to this system and I have kept them both for about 6 years as they are perfect in my view) I find these days that I don't listen to CD, I listen to HD music streamed from Tidal and mostly in the car! I do watch films with my family and we built a dedicated room for movies so thats the way i'm headed, to Home cinema. Movies are now my preferred method of entertainment and music takes a back seat, although when I do want to play music I find Tidal through my Oppo 105 more than satisfies.

I'll be advertising the MFA and AudioNet on here soon.

walpurgis
01-07-2016, 09:14
Hello Russell. Welcome to AOS.

You have some nice equipment there.

AV system are popular and I'm sure you will find the Digital Expressions and AV Studio sections of interest.

Feel free to join in the chat or start a thread of your own on any specific topic.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Puffin
01-07-2016, 17:47
RHW to me has always been Rogers Horsley Whiteman, Solicitors, Guildford......RHW was/is their logo.....anywhoo.....Welcome:D

Floyddroid
05-07-2016, 10:48
Interesting system. A warm welcome sir.

Barry
07-07-2016, 21:41
Welcome to AoS Richard.

Some nice gear you have there. "RHW 1" used to be the registration number of my father's car. (Yes, I know it's a complete non sequitur)

Enjoy the Forum
Barry