View Full Version : Revox G36 Studer reel to reel, set in cabinet FOR SALE

Daisy5858
28-06-2016, 10:32
I have a Revox reel to reel tape deck G36 (Willi Studer) set in a Heals of London cabinet on castors, made from Coramondel wood. There are a brand new pair of hub adapters bought in USA and a multiflex filter attached to the cabinet at the back. This is part of a large amount of hifi equipment purchased by my late husband. The home it came from had been its original home and non-smokers. There are more photos available. You may ask me as many questions as you wish, but please don't expect a knowledgeable answer! PM me for phone number if needed.

The Black Adder
28-06-2016, 11:20
Hello Merry.

We do need a price for this please as per forum rules.

Thanks
Jo :)

Daisy5858
28-06-2016, 11:52
Sorry Jo, I didn't even realise I'd not put it in! Thanks for pointing it out.

I was looking for the first offer over £550 and share of delivery costs.
Merry

struth
28-06-2016, 12:12
You dont see coramondel wood much, but is very nice stuff, and was expensive too. Good deck as well. They cost a lot of money in 63... Think it was somthing like £120

Good luck

Spectral Morn
28-06-2016, 12:38
Lovely, if I had anyway of getting to you I would have this in a heartbeat, but alas I don't :(

Good luck with the sale.

The Black Adder
28-06-2016, 13:51
Sorry Jo, I didn't even realise I'd not put it in! Thanks for pointing it out.

I was looking for the first offer over £550 and share of delivery costs.
Merry

That's groovy, thanks.

I've never seen one like that before either... mega cool!!! - Great price too!

Love your name btw. :)

topoxforddoc
28-06-2016, 13:56
A new G36 was 124 Guineas in 1963. That equates to over £2500 in todays money. Great R2R - probably the best sounding of all the domestic valve R2R machines. Lovely condition. Never seen the multiplex decoder before - presumably for recording off the wireless :)

Daisy5858
28-06-2016, 15:02
Recording off the wireless maybe, as most of the 'stuff' in the other cabinet (also of Coramondel wood) was mainly Quad, and I know I have a Quad tuner somewhere.

Neil, sorry I don't know of a way of getting this to you either - some of the rest of the UK, yes, but not NI.

struth
28-06-2016, 15:05
Yes its for recording mono radio I think into stereo

struth
28-06-2016, 15:13
Lovely, if I had anyway of getting to you I would have this in a heartbeat, but alas I don't :(

Good luck with the sale.

not know anyone that comes over to Scotland Neil

Spectral Morn
28-06-2016, 15:13
Recording off the wireless maybe, as most of the 'stuff' in the other cabinet (also of Coramondel wood) was mainly Quad, and I know I have a Quad tuner somewhere.

Neil, sorry I don't know of a way of getting this to you either - some of the rest of the UK, yes, but not NI.

No worries Merry, if I had a car and was over in Scotland - as I used to do sometimes twice a year - I would buy it and arrange to come at a later date, but life changes mean I am unable to currently.