PDA

View Full Version : Steve Hackett vinyl box set. The Charisma Years.

Floyddroid
27-06-2016, 15:23
A veritable vinyl fest for Hackett fans.

http://theprogmeister.com/steve-hackett-the-charisma-years-1975-1983-vinyl-box-set/

HackneyRF
28-06-2016, 09:34
Nice review Steve. Looks a good buy for Hackett complletists. I only really like his first three solo records so it's not for me. It's a pity Steve Wilson wasn't let loose on Voyage Of The Acolyte given his good work on the King Crimson/Hawkwind stuff that i've heard. I wonder why that didn't happen?

Cheers

Loz

Spectral Morn
28-06-2016, 10:15
Thanks for the heads up. I have the reading concert on metal tape, as The Friday Rock show broadcast it - fab gig and I recall it sounding pretty good too.

Not a huge fan of Please Don't Touch, despite two of the guys from Kansas being on it, but I do like all the others.

Virtual-Symmetry
28-06-2016, 19:20
Thanks Steve. However im not too sure about this set..

Floyddroid
29-06-2016, 18:46
Thanks Steve. However im not too sure about this set..

All fair comments chaps. I have to agree that it is more for the completist unless like me your originals are knackered.

Floyddroid
29-06-2016, 18:50
Nice review Steve. Looks a good buy for Hackett complletists. I only really like his first three solo records so it's not for me. It's a pity Steve Wilson wasn't let loose on Voyage Of The Acolyte given his good work on the King Crimson/Hawkwind stuff that i've heard. I wonder why that didn't happen?

Cheers

Loz

From what I read about the E.L.P remixes he will only lend his skill to those albums he liked. I thought that was a shame too.

Virtual-Symmetry
29-06-2016, 19:58
Ive always liked 'Voyage Of The Acolyte' album..

Floyddroid
30-06-2016, 20:28
Me too.
Ive always liked 'Voyage Of The Acolyte' album..