PDA

View Full Version : Itch Scratched!

icehockeyboy
23-06-2016, 14:52
Had an itch to get something to spin those silver discs on, got me a Denon DVD 1930, connected into the Stan DAC via a Van Damme Black wotsit, it really does sound very good!

It's good for my health too as there wasn't a remote with it!

This helps in two ways.....obviously I have to walk over to the player to swap cd's, and it also stops me chopping and changing like I do when I'm listening to the SBT!

icehockeyboy
16-08-2016, 11:34
Well that was short lived...played about 3 cd's when I first got it, nothing since! ��

Macca
16-08-2016, 17:04
Have to admit the SBT amazed me with its quality. Not surprised a budget Denon DVD player isn't luring you away from it.

lovejoy
17-08-2016, 14:34
It is amazing just how transient these itches are. It's not just me then.

I had exactly the same itch last year. Bought a cheap but classic Phillips CD player with a TDA1541 DAC. Raved over it for about 2 weeks and started thoroughly enjoying playing CDs again. Then the next project came along - Raspberry Pi, IQDAC and then Roon and the Phillips got consigned to a cupboard. That's not to say the Pi is a more enjoyable listen - I haven't actually pitted them against each other. I'm not sure I want to :-@

Ali Tait
17-08-2016, 14:39
Done similar, bought a Teac P 30 transport from a member here, which is played through my prototype Longdog dac. Sounds superb.