PDA

View Full Version : MAD Balanced Power Isolation Platform - Received good review from Hi Fi World Mag

MAD
20-11-2009, 20:00
Extracted from December 2009 issue - Hi Fi World Magazine

M.A.D. BALANCED POWER ISOLATION PLATFORM

An imaginative concept, this. Many people are looking for massy supports to isolate their equipment, and what's heavier than a vast toroidal transformer, a layer of granite and an oak box? This My Audio Design accessory is both a mains conditioner and an isolation platform. The balanced transformer is accurately wound on a German made silicon alloy core with "the finest laminated high purity copper wire" (also available as a Special Edition with 99.997% silver) onto two Clipsal sockets. It has two specially designed noise screens to out the unwanted high frequency interference in your mains power supply, it's claimed. The box is nicely finished from handcrafted English Oak and granite.

Sonically, I found the BPIP made a discernible difference to my system sound, even though I'm fortunate enough to live in a fairly quiet mains environment. The difference was even evident with something as rudimentary as a Cambridge Audio DV30 DVD player, there being a reduction in the hardness of its CD sound, a gentle widening of the soundstage and extension to stage depth. Running a high end Sony CD transport into a Stello DA100 Signature (two sockets are provided), things got even nicer, with an obvious reduction in upper midband 'sheen' and an increase in detail; the music flowed better and there wasn't the slightest slowing of the music or lessening of dynamics. A fine, quirky, interesting product worth trying. DP

Click HERE (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/m.homar/MAD%20BPIP%20brochure.pdf) to download the brochure.

Mike
20-11-2009, 20:01
Sound's good. :)

How many £££?

MAD
20-11-2009, 20:04
Sound's good. :)

How many £££?

£895 & we will do a stand alone transformer for AOS member only.

Mike
20-11-2009, 20:07
*Gulp* :uhho:

Actually... That ain't bad considering the price of some gear that does a similar job. :)

Got any pictures, please?

MAD
20-11-2009, 20:58
*Gulp* :uhho:

Actually... That ain't bad considering the price of some gear that does a similar job. :)

Got any pictures, please?

Vertex charge £2800 for similar unit!! MAD do MAD price:lol:

MAD
20-11-2009, 21:01

Send me an e-mail please! I can send you the brochure. I want to upload it but it is too large (3MB).

MAD
20-11-2009, 21:08
http://www.madengland.com/media/product/power/bpip.jpg

Just found some low res pigs.....

Mike
20-11-2009, 21:15
Hi JJ,

You can email me on m.homar (at) ntlworld.com

Cheers...

MAD
20-11-2009, 21:21

941[

QUOTE=MAD;80724]Vertex charge £2800 for similar unit!! MAD do MAD price:lol:[/QUOTE]

The Grand Wazoo
20-11-2009, 21:32
A nice chunk of Oak JJ - is it UK grown or US?.........French?
Do you know?
Do you care?
Probably not, I wouldn't blame you!

Mike
20-11-2009, 21:40
Hi JJ,

Got the brochure... I'll host it on my web-space and provide a link so folk can download it directly as soon as I get the chance.

MAD
20-11-2009, 21:47
Do you know?
Do you care?

No, this is 'Inglés Oak' (English Oak). Hand crafted (not too easy) in Buckinghamshire with horses their poo poo.:lol: The transformer is designed by us and William Reiss, it is made from a lab in cambridge who also OEM power supply for top of the range DCS equipments. The Granite is Send me an e-mail I can send you a brochure. It is too big to upload it (3MB). :lol:

MAD
20-11-2009, 21:49
Hi JJ,

Got the brochure... I'll host it on my web-space and provide a link so folk can download it directly as soon as I get the chance.

That's bloody cool, blood no longer coming out from your keyboard only!!:steam: :lol: I like your icons, are they designed by you?

MAD
20-11-2009, 21:54
Do you know?
Do you care?

People like wooden equipment more or metal one? When we design something we always want to make it like a piece of furniture (weird):eyebrows:!

The Grand Wazoo
20-11-2009, 22:31
Well, trees are my business, and (apart from my wife) my first love - even more so than music, so I like wood!

Dave Cawley
20-11-2009, 22:33
JJ

Would this not be better in the trade section??

Dave

Mike
21-11-2009, 10:26
JJ

Would this not be better in the trade section??

Dave

Err, it is!... unless someone has already moved it? :scratch:

Mike
21-11-2009, 11:09
I've now added the download link to the original post.

There's one here too... Click HERE (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/m.homar/MAD%20BPIP%20brochure.pdf) to download the brochure.

Cheers...

Barry
21-11-2009, 20:03
Do you know?
Do you care?

Would it make a difference? Does it have to be a hardwood?

Marco
21-11-2009, 20:16
Err, it is!... unless someone has already moved it? :scratch:

I moved both MAD ads to Trade Inspirations ;)

Marco.

Mike
21-11-2009, 20:20
I moved both MAD ads to Trade Inspirations ;)

Marco.

Yeah, I figured...

Marco
21-11-2009, 20:24
Well, it's where they shoud've been posted in the first place... ;)

Marco.

Mike
21-11-2009, 20:25
Well, it's where they shoud've been posted in the first place... ;)

Marco.

Yeah, I figured...

Marco
21-11-2009, 20:38
Is that your new catchphrase? :eyebrows:

Marco.

Stratmangler
21-11-2009, 21:39
Hi JJ,

You can email me on m.homar (at) ntlworld.com

Cheers...

Hi Mike

Is it wise to post your email like this ?

Chris:scratch:

Mike
21-11-2009, 22:32
Hi Mike

Is it wise to post your email like this ?

Chris:scratch:

Probably not, but I'm past giving a toss really. It's been visible in my public profile for ages anyway... No harm's come of it yet. :confused:

I've got other accounts if all the 'boner pill' spam gets on me nerves! :lol:

There... I've edited it anyway, should stop those automatic email harvesting bot things...

Stratmangler
21-11-2009, 23:48
Probably not, but I'm past giving a toss really. It's been visible in my public profile for ages anyway... No harm's come of it yet. :confused:

I've got other accounts if all the 'boner pill' spam gets on me nerves! :lol:

There... I've edited it anyway, should stop those automatic email harvesting bot things...

;)

MAD
24-11-2009, 22:27
:ner:
;)

Barry
25-11-2009, 20:02
Hi JJ,

Will you be demonstrating this at your next 'bean feast'? I would be very interested in 'hearing' it again, under better conditions than last time.

Also, will you be demo'ing mains leads? If so, I'll bring along a couple I have made, to throw into the ring.

Regards, from a natural born sceptic! ;)

MAD
29-11-2009, 21:03
Hi JJ,

Will you be demonstrating this at your next 'bean feast'? I would be very interested in 'hearing' it again, under better conditions than last time.

Also, will you be demo'ing mains leads? If so, I'll bring along a couple I have made, to throw into the ring.

Regards, from a natural born sceptic! ;)

It should be there if it is not out for demo, they are everywhere after the Hi Fi World review, seems to getting some very positive responses.

Please bring something if you want to, build an rfi filter will be good.