PDA

View Full Version : Hi from deepest Pinner!

robinb
19-06-2016, 11:30
Hi everyone!

A brief post to introduce myself.

An occasional record and CD dealer I've been enjoying hi-fi for as long as I've been listening.

Embarrassingly I could construct 7 or 8 complete systems from the gear in the house - but there's always more gear to consider, is there not?

Following the recent acquisition of both a Nak CR7-E and Dragon I've also got into cassettes. I shudder to think of how I unceremoniously dumped all mine in the early '90s - duh!

Items I am on the lookout for at the moment are the Rotel RX1603 separation kit (called an RK-100) and a Marantz PM95 to match the CD12 + DA12 set I recently found in Germany.

Look forward to getting to know you!

Robin

walpurgis
19-06-2016, 11:40
Hello Robin. Welcome to AOS.

There are many here who could assemble several systems from their collections. Me included. So you're not alone.

Tell us what your main system is at the moment and what music you like listening to.

Feel free to join in the chat or start threads on any topics that interest you.

(I know Pinner, I was born there)

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

robinb
19-06-2016, 12:01
Hi Geoff

So, main system is:

ATC 50 Anniversary
ATC CA2 Preamp
Nottingham Analogue Dais + Lyra Helikon + EAR 834p Phono Stage
Rega Isis valve
Nakamichi CR7-E
Rotel RB950BX

Music choices are across the board. Once upon a time I used to say everything except classical, but so much quality classical was passing through my hands I picked that up just by osmosis!

robin

Puffin
19-06-2016, 12:12
Did you ever see Reg Dwight around Pinner? Oh, Welcome by the way.

Macca
19-06-2016, 15:19
Welcome from me, Robin

Serious system! Feel free to put up some photos in The Gallery section.

walpurgis
19-06-2016, 15:33
Did you ever see Reg Dwight around Pinner?

I did. He tickled the ivories in the Northwood Hills Hotel saloon bar when he was about sixteen or seventeen. We used to flick peanuts at him.

Puffin
19-06-2016, 18:31
I did. He tickled the ivories in the Northwood Hills Hotel saloon bar when he was about sixteen or seventeen. We used to flick peanuts at him.

Haha, Nice one.....I'm glad you said Peanuts:D

Floyddroid
22-06-2016, 23:20
This is a great place to share your addiction. Welcome.

spendorman
23-06-2016, 08:30
Did you ever see Reg Dwight around Pinner? Oh, Welcome by the way.

Years ago I worked at a large Engineering establishment in Stanmore, and a lady in my department, with her husband, many years before, used to run a pub in Watford. Some evenings they would have "musical" entertainment. One guy in particular played the piano a few times, he played loudly, and that was not always appreciated,the player was sacked. So my work colleague sacked Reg (Elton).

Barry
24-06-2016, 17:04
Welcome to AoS Robin, Nakamichi CR-7E and Dragon - nice! And so is the rest of your system.

Enjoy the Forum
Barry