PDA

View Full Version : Tim Peake

Justjon
18-06-2016, 11:31
After the continual bombardment of despicable human behaviour thats piped onto our TV’s of late, its (to me) heart warming to see something worthwhile for a change.
It’s extremely rare that i watch the news, but after viewing Mr Peake & co’s landing back on our earth it was just nice to see such dedication, humility and the desire to motivate school kids into an avenue that they may have not previously considered. For what is worth it made me feel 10 years old again and dreaming of a flight to the stars.

Also, it was stated that for every £ we (the UK) put into space exploration, we get £7 back. Not sure how true that is, but if correct then hurrah

Andy831
20-06-2016, 14:46
It made me smile when the astronauts got out of the capsule were seated on what looked like the chairs we had for assembly at school and were then carried by 4 blokes, it all seemed so archaic. I guess if they had landed in the USA there would have been a multi-million pound specially designed buggy to transport them. Maybe this is why the Russians are still able to afford space exploration? :)