PDA

View Full Version : Direct Drive turntable.

mikegreenwood
16-06-2016, 10:23
I bought this Sansui SR 525 direct drive turntable a few weeks back to scratch an itch on the DD format for myself. I'm now satisfied the belt drive I use is for me.
Condition is great apart from the dust cover having had the usual swirls. No cracks or chips and the hinges are A1. I've spent quite a lot of time polishing the cover and it's much better now.
The arm is knife edge bearings like a SME and similar in looks and operation. Head shell is a genuine Sansui and the cart is a brand new basic Audio Technica.
I don't want to post, so I'm offering at £160 (firm) pick up from N/E area or will meet locally for fuel costs, I will also be in Northumberland within the next 8 days.

Audition welcome.

May swap for a mint Rega arm/cart with no issue's.

mikegreenwood
16-06-2016, 16:08
Just to add, the arm height is also adjustable so not a cheap budget arm. It has phono sockets on the rear of the very solid plinth so any kind of interconnect can be used.The motor is said to be a high torque from the Micro Seiki stable.

mikegreenwood
18-06-2016, 10:04
Bump. No takers so maybe eBay, car boot, or the wheelie bin. Really nice piece of kit but in the way somewhat. Tempted to remove the arm if it ends up being dumped. I've not measured but it looks SME geometry.

struth
18-06-2016, 10:08
Surprised this is not spoken for... Decent deck

walpurgis
18-06-2016, 10:15
Surprised this is not spoken for... Decent deck

Yes. These are a nice turntable. I'd have it myself if it was nearer.

mikegreenwood
18-06-2016, 10:51
I can see non postage is holding it back, having had a few bad experiences with posting Turntables it put's me off. I know how to pack very well but the care in transit is an unknown factor, both buyer and seller loose out. If it,s not too far I would much rather drive and pick up. Also you get to see the artical up close and can audition.
Win Win situation.

mikegreenwood
20-06-2016, 10:41
Available without cartridge at £140.!

mikegreenwood
03-07-2016, 10:23
Bump. Will be in Harrogate on the 9/10 July if any use to a buyer.

mikegreenwood
04-07-2016, 08:13
Now SOLD to a very happy buyer. Thanks.