PDA

View Full Version : Satellite box connection.

archiesdad
13-06-2016, 19:30
I've acquired a nearly new sky box with a bigger memory than the current model and working lights on the front to replace my existing unit, my question is, if I want to watch things I have on the current boxes memory after the swop can I just couple it to the telly using a hdmi cable and power it up, in effect just using it as a portable hard drive.?

Macca
13-06-2016, 20:11
Does it have a card that slots in it? If so I'd see if you can access the menus when you have powered it up without the card in. If you can then it should be okay. If it doesn't have a card then I don't know.

Spectral Morn
13-06-2016, 20:51
Does it have a card that slots in it? If so I'd see if you can access the menus when you have powered it up without the card in. If you can then it should be okay. If it doesn't have a card then I don't know.

No card no workie and once the full functionality of the existing card is swapped to the new machine then only free to air programs recorded on the old box can be accessed anything subscription you lose. A multi room subscription solves this.

Macca
13-06-2016, 20:56
No card no workie and once the full functionality of the existing card is swapped to the new machine then only free to air programs recorded on the old box can be accessed anything subscription you lose. A multi room subscription solves this.

I think that is all Martin is after doing.