PDA

View Full Version : Genuinely, with respect....listened to Court of the Crimson King...

Gazjam
04-06-2016, 19:11
Big appreciator of different musical forms, like all sorts including modern Prog, fusion and the like BUT...

First time listening to Crimsons "best" for 15 or so years and honestly it wasn't all that.
Not commenting on anyone else's taste, but I found it simplistic and unable to keep my interest.

In contrast, anything by Porcupine Tree, ELP, Kevin Gilbert, Tool or Dream Theatre completely engages me.

Just musical taste I guess, and it would have been different at the time when it came out, but felt a little bit disappointed. :scratch:
Natural progession (NatProg?) maybe?

Virtual-Symmetry
04-06-2016, 19:37
Im a big early ELP fan boy & Equally early King Crimson fan boy. How anyone cannot see the pure talent within this album is beyond me.

twickers
04-06-2016, 21:15
TBH, these days, the only King Crimson album I listen to is The Court of the Crimson King. Cracking album, one of my favourites.

Haselsh1
05-06-2016, 15:14
Yeah, absolutely love the Mellotron on that recording. It has to be one of the most outstanding recordings of the 70's along with 'Selling England by the Pound'.

Taken in a modern context though, I can fully see where you are coming from.

HackneyRF
05-06-2016, 15:55
............but I found it simplistic and unable to keep my interest.

I feel it's a really good record but it hasn't aged so well. In my humble opinion they became much more interesting from Lizard onwards.

........ along with 'Selling England by the Pound'.

I'd concur with that.