PDA

View Full Version : So Rega So good

Theevaultkeeper
03-06-2016, 19:22
Allways liked vinyl but kinda took a backseat for nearly 20 years and now my 2 boys have left home ,I made a chill room and moved my turntable and vinyl to the old bedroom I took over.
Well my old P2 and my NAD amp along with a pair of Eltax silverstone 110 speakers sounded, well ok but I started along the path of pimping my deck 🙈
Well using my forthcoming 50th as a valid excuse I started upgrading my kit, first the NAD started playing up and was replaced by the Marantz PM6005- a nice Amp but I started reading up and being lazy I liked the idea of changing the speed of the motor without removing the platter- so talked myself into a Rega RP6 😜
Well after getting a Brio-r of Peter here last week I went to Audio-T this afternoon and came away with a Rega RP6 with Exact cartridge and a pair of Dynaudio Emit 10's and a pair of Atacama stands.
Now I'm at a level where my records sound so good . I'm over the moon...... And I also recently picked up a Project Sunrise 2 headphone amp for when it gets late .....

Pics soon

Now let's play some damn vinyl

Ali Tait
03-06-2016, 19:26
Nice one Sean, there is something special about vinyl done well is there not?

Theevaultkeeper
04-06-2016, 06:46
Yes there sure is- and it's funny how critical you become of the pressing, so I'm in the process of replacing some of the vinyl I already have :)That's in between cleaning my old car boot finds :ner:

Audio Al
04-06-2016, 06:48

Bring it on brother :gig:

RichB
04-06-2016, 07:45
Great stuff. Rega kit always works very nicely together I found. I own a P3-24 with an exact cartridge myself.

Gazjam
04-06-2016, 19:16
Fantastic. :)

Allways liked vinyl but kinda took a backseat for nearly 20 years and now my 2 boys have left home ,I made a chill room and moved my turntable and vinyl to the old bedroom I took over.
Well my old P2 and my NAD amp along with a pair of Eltax silverstone 110 speakers sounded, well ok but I started along the path of pimping my deck 
Well using my forthcoming 50th as a valid excuse I started upgrading my kit, first the NAD started playing up and was replaced by the Marantz PM6005- a nice Amp but I started reading up and being lazy I liked the idea of changing the speed of the motor without removing the platter- so talked myself into a Rega RP6 
Well after getting a Brio-r of Peter here last week I went to Audio-T this afternoon and came away with a Rega RP6 with Exact cartridge and a pair of Dynaudio Emit 10's and a pair of Atacama stands.
Now I'm at a level where my records sound so good . I'm over the moon...... And I also recently picked up a Project Sunrise 2 headphone amp for when it gets late .....

Pics soon