PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Grief

webby
18-11-2009, 10:34
Hi,

I have itunes 7.7.

I just tried to download the free single of the week (Soulsavers - Some Misunderstanding), and itunes is saying that this item requires the latest version of itunes!

What's that all about?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Lee

Themis
18-11-2009, 10:44
Probably the stream you download is an HC-AAC stream or has some "iTunes extras" embedded. This is only compatible with iTunes 9.

Is there a reason for not upgrading to a newer version ?

webby
18-11-2009, 10:52
Probably the stream you download is an HC-AAC stream or has some "iTunes extras" embedded. This is only compatible with iTunes 9.

I'll come back to you about that Dimitri.

Good point about the track though. I can't seem to confirm whether it's this HC-AAC or not though.

webby
18-11-2009, 18:13

Upgrade-phobia I guess. I was really happy with itunes back at version 7.0 or something. I'd spent ages editing my sort tags and had it just how I wanted it. Then an update came along. I updated and everything changed. I had to fix all my sort tags.

Since then, most updates have been about accommodating iphone users, Apple TV users and movie rentals, none of which interest me so I've ignored subsequent updates.

Is there anything I'm missing?

Lee

Jonboy
18-11-2009, 18:51
I only use i tunes now for a bit of wireless streaming for the kids via my airport and to upload new stuff onto our ipods for holidays, i feel that the amount they charge for a download is excessive when for a few quid more (not even that sometimes)you can have the original cd complete with all of its artwork and booklets and the pleasure of visiting a music store to buy it also you can get away with getting a new cd along with the weekly shopping sometimes, confessing when you get to the checkout and saying that it must of fallen in by accident:eyebrows:

Peter Stockwell
19-11-2009, 10:19
They've added some better control on smart playlists, it works more like SQL requests. They've also added more options for loading up your ipod.

trailer
19-11-2009, 17:19
Here's what dbPoweramp is saying about it: