PDA

View Full Version : Hello from India

saikatbiswas82
22-05-2016, 06:46
Hi all,

I am Saikat from Kolkata, India.

I started my journey in Audio during my school days with a philips walkman.

It's almost two decades. During this period, I've changed my system time to time.

First change after the walkman was a cassette deck with 2 way bookshelves. Both were from local brands.

During my college days, I bought a creative 2.1 system. The source was my desktop.

As soon as I got my first job, I decided to move ahead with a creative inspire T6060 5.1 package. It was mated with my other desktop and a creative 5.1 sound card.

Till this point I was not introduced to hi-fi world.

In 2012, I felt an urge to upgrade my system with some serious stuffs. I started following different forums. I was in Scotland during that time. One fine Saturday morning, I popped into a Richersounds store in Edinburgh. The guys were really helpful over there. After listening to Wharfdale diamond 10.1, Dali Zensor 1 and Monitor Audio BX2, I found BX2 to be the clear winner. I picked up Yamaha Aventage 810 along with them.

After 2 long years, I added MA BX Center and JBL Control 1 for surrounds to complete my HT.

Last year, DIY bug bitten me and decided to build a stereo amp by myself. Completed my first DIY AmpCamp a couple of months back.

Currently, I'm working on a tube buffer project and another DIY amp - the legendary JLH 1969.

This is my journey so far.

My current setup is:
Sony 40" EX650
Yamaha A-810
DIY AmpCamp
Moniror Audio BX LCR
JBL Control 1
Raspberry Pi with Hifiberry Digi+ (transformer version)
Peachtree DAC-iT
DIY 10" sealed subwoofer
Audioquest Turquoise Hyperlitz Analog RCA
QED Qunex Digital coax
Nakamichi 12agw speaker wire
Cambridge Audio Symphony speaker wire (copper, silver)

Macca
22-05-2016, 08:34
Hi Saikat, welcome to AOS. What sort of music are you into?

struth
22-05-2016, 11:11
Hi Saikat.. Welcome aboard

saikatbiswas82
22-05-2016, 12:15
Thanks Macca, struth. I listen to all genres of music like pop, rock, jazz, blues, hip-hop, electronic dance etc. Country music is not my thing. But I like bagpipes' tune. I love instrumental or acoustic music as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Macca
22-05-2016, 13:38
Bagpipes!

saikatbiswas82
22-05-2016, 22:35
Right you are. And so silly of me. It's been corrected. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

struth
22-05-2016, 22:42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6Y5mcLxlSgU#t=124eo]

Mull of Kintyre for you

Barry
01-06-2016, 16:58
Welcome to AoS Saikat,

Nice introduction, enjoy the Forum

Barry