PDA

View Full Version : Interlink/DPD - A Word Of Warning

choirboy
19-05-2016, 16:12
Just wanted to post a little word of warning about using Interlink/DPD for parcel delivery. I'd highly advise you to look to another company if sending a parcel as my recent dealings with them have been shockingly awful.

Firstly, two parcels carried by them (sent by someone else to myself) recently missed the due delivery day by a day on TWO separate occasions. Not unforgivable but doesn't exactly instill confidence in their service.
However the real fun began when I arranged to have a parcel sent by them from my address to another UK mainland address.

The parcel was packed and ready to go and was to be collected on the 10/05/16 for delivery on the 11/05/16. I got a text message in the morning saying the parcel would be collected between 3 and 4pm but that came and went and no one turned up.
I checked the tracking the following day on the website and it said the parcel had been collected on the 9th?!? I contacted them by the email enquiry form which incidentally bounces your emails back if they have a yahoo address as undelivered. Great!
I cut and pasted the email address and sent off my enquiry. Bingo 'we have you email' confirmation and that someone would respond in 24hrs.

The next day around 3pm (12th) I get a 'great news your parcel has been delivered' email which causes me to laugh in amazement as I peer over at the package sitting on the table. Two minutes later I get a email response from customer services saying the parcel was collected at 15:12 on the 10th. Even though the tracking said the 9th?!?
I respond back immediately telling them that is impossible as the package is sitting here and that there must be some error.

The next day (13th) I get another response at 4:30pm (they take the 24 hour thing literally it seems :rolleyes:) saying yes there must have been some sort of error and that it would need to be booked into the system again. What day would be convenient?
I confirm that anytime from the Monday (16th) onwards would be fine and to sort it ASAP.

So the weekend comes and goes no response, Monday (16th) nothing, on the 17th I decide to phone them only to be told that they cannot do anything it all needs to be handled by the online team. She sends me an image of a signature as proof of delivery?!?
That clip from Brass Eye springs to mind with the reporter pissing on some top hats that Paul McCartney donated - fat use.

I fire off another email telling them I don't want the item to be recollected anymore and requesting a refund whilst berating them for their awful customer service and telling them I will use someone else's services in future.
I get no email confirmation this time that my message has been received.

An hour later I fire 3 identical ones again. Still no email confirmation email.

Today I still have no response of any kind almost ten days later. I now suspect that they have blocked my email address so it just goes straight to their trash bin as that seems to be the only explanation as to why I'm not receiving the confirmation emails anymore?!?

Frankly disgusting service on all levels. I recognise that all individuals working within a company are not to blame (I'm postie and we get bashed a lot even though I actually do my job properly, not flinging parcels over gates or leaving them exposed on the doorstep, not folding do not bend items etc) so if you do work for Interlink/DPD no personal offence is intended.

I also recognise what it is like to work under laughable direction in a highly inefficient company mostly run by idiots too.

struth
19-05-2016, 16:17
Sounds like my last usage of parcelfarce... Missed their pickup twice the delivered it smashed to bits. When questioned they replied itcwas my fault it wasnt picked up and if i wanted to complain then just download a form. No real remorse.. I feel for you

Yomanze
19-05-2016, 16:26
I try to use Royal Mail Special Delivery and UPS for the rest.

choirboy
19-05-2016, 16:45
I try to use Royal Mail Special Delivery and UPS for the rest.

Special Delivery is very carefully accounted for and checked at every stage generally ( I should know!)
I've also heard good things about UPS

hifilover
20-05-2016, 18:42
UPS - great

RMSD - great, but pricey

Parcelforce - fine, no issues

Collect+ / MyHermes - fine, but a bit slow

DPD/Interlink -'ALWAYS a nightmare! Had a few mobiles sent to me via my business contract and all DPD/Interlink did was cockpit up, every time!

Ninanina
20-05-2016, 19:00
My experience is:

Parcelforce - Excellent. I only once had a problem when something was not delivered within 48 hours and got a full refund
Royal Mail - Excellent, especially Special Delivery By 1pm service
Yodel - Pretty awful
Hermes - Not used them myself but have been ok for deliveries to me
UPS - Not used them myself but have been ok for deliveries to me

Joe
20-05-2016, 19:33
I only use UPS these days; not too expensive, even if including insurance, arrive when they say they will, and take good care of parcels.

Justjon
20-05-2016, 19:41
Royal Mail - always perfect, never had a problem.
Parcel force - see above
That said, I've sent records to Canada and had quotes from both and RM has been cheaper by a mile, go figure
Also I bought a very modded RB250 on Wednesday and when I saw that it was sent via Parcel2Go I googled them to find tracking info and feedback. Whoops, that was a mistake, their feedback is fcuking terrible, and I mean awful.
After a sleepless night imagining it being kicked around like a football or lost, it arrived today as per tracking and in the condition it was sent. Maybe I was lucky?

Spectral Morn
20-05-2016, 19:56
UPS - great

RMSD - great, but pricey

Parcelforce - fine, no issues

Collect+ / MyHermes - fine, but a bit slow

DPD/Interlink -'ALWAYS a nightmare! Had a few mobiles sent to me via my business contract and all DPD/Interlink did was cockpit up, every time!

Not really. I had a My Hermes delivery a week ago, threw the parcel over my back wall, landed in a puddle and the parcel was damaged as was one of the items within. First experience was an item bought of here, parcel arrived item within stolen. Seller kindly refunded me, but really not on. My Hermes I wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

Marco
23-05-2016, 07:38
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/922/nZ4zme.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/pmnZ4zmej)

Marco.

Virtual-Symmetry
23-05-2016, 07:46
I don't have trouble with My Hermes as we have a regular area driver. I gave the little twonk da Scarborough warning after a rough start couple years ago..

1 - No coming before 12 Dinner.
2 - Don't ever leave items with another Neighbour or anywhere else.
3 - Don't ever throw stuff about it's either Records or Hi-Fi or i will get very angry.
4 - Gimmi Your Work Mobile number, here's mine, i'll phone if im gonna be late home from work.

It's a perfect service from him

:eyebrows:

Marco
23-05-2016, 08:03
Excellent. Train the fuckers like a dog :thumbsup: :eyebrows:

Marco.

spm
23-05-2016, 08:34
when I saw that it was sent via Parcel2Go I googled them to find tracking info and feedback. Whoops, that was a mistake, their feedback is fcuking terrible, and I mean awful.
After a sleepless night imagining it being kicked around like a football or lost, it arrived today as per tracking and in the condition it was sent. Maybe I was lucky?

parcel2go is just a broker for most of the common couriers including UPS, DPD, Yodel, Collect +, Hermes, Inpost etc. You put in your parcel details and they give you costs from all the couriers and you choose the courier. I use them a lot to get a much better price for UPS than going direct. I drop the parcel off at a UPS access point the same as going to them direct.

hifi_dave
23-05-2016, 11:07
I have used UPS for 10 years and not had a single problem.

I have had two mislaid items coming to me via TNT. The first was a Krell amp and Wadia DAC, both left outside a farmhouse, the other side of town - 6 miles away. They didn't even get a signature. Fortunately, the house owner had the sense to Google my name and phoned for me to collect.

Second was £2K worth of Lyra, supposedly left in my non existent porch, without signature. They never turned up.

Virtual-Symmetry
23-05-2016, 11:19
I think it was DPD who were the best ive used. Used to get an E-Mail saying the parcel was going to be delivered on a certain day. On that day i would get a Text early on giving me a Time window it was going to be delivered which would give me plenty of time to get back home to intercept the parcel. Superb service i thought.

choirboy
24-05-2016, 14:50
I think it was DPD who were the best ive used. Used to get an E-Mail saying the parcel was going to be delivered on a certain day. On that day i would get a Text early on giving me a Time window it was going to be delivered which would give me plenty of time to get back home to intercept the parcel. Superb service i thought.

They are the very company I was warning people about. :scratch:

I glad you had good service with them though. :)

Virtual-Symmetry
24-05-2016, 14:57
The company i work for uses them too. No probs..

People that moan about curry E ers i personally think a lot of it is down to the actual drivers.

struth
24-05-2016, 15:04
I get stuff regularly delivered by dpd.. Used to be better than they are now ime. Like the email or message giving a aprox time. Never used them myself though

twickers
24-05-2016, 15:30
No problems with DPD also. Really handy with the hour slot so no waiting around all bloody day. The closer to London the more it seems to go to shit.

choirboy
25-05-2016, 10:11
The company i work for uses them too. No probs..

People that moan about curry E ers i personally think a lot of it is down to the actual drivers.

I think that can be true. In this case It was their terrible customer service. I've still have no reply btw so they took my money and haven't delivered my parcel.

hifi_dave
25-05-2016, 11:23
Another TNT disaster.

I am waiting for an urgent Croft delivery and made sure that there were 3 of us in residence all day yesterday so as not to miss it. Nothing arrived, so at 1730 I phoned the depot to be told that there "was no answer at 1500 and a card was left at the brown door". Now, there is no "brown door" and no card was left.

Why do they have to lie about these cock ups ? As usual, it turns out that the regular driver was off, so my guess is that the temporary driver couldn't find or couldn't be bothered to find my address.

struth
25-05-2016, 11:27
Or went to a brown door.... SOMEWHERE :doh: suppose it could have been worse, as someone at the brown door may have been in and had them.

Id have signed marcos name then quickly painted the door;)

Macca
25-05-2016, 12:19
TNT have just been bought by FedEx - announced today.

Marco
25-05-2016, 12:27
Or went to a brown door.... SOMEWHERE :doh:

Are you sure that's not a euphemism for something else? :eyebrows:

Marco.

hifi_dave
25-05-2016, 14:35
More fun with TNT.

Just chased them and apparently, the driver was unable to find me, though he did find the house opposite. If he had looked over his shoulder he would have seen where I am but this is a lie again, as from my office I can clearly see the road and no TNT van has been here today.

Not only that but as he was supposedly here yesterday and didn't get an answer - how come he can't find me today ???

FFS

hifi_dave
26-05-2016, 09:55
Bright and early this morning, an idiot from TNT delivered my long, lost consignment. It had been delivered to a random house in the area . I kid you not.

So all the stories they told were complete and utter lies. He had picked a likely looking house and dropped the boxes off without a signature, on Tuesday.

How is that possible ???

Use TNT at your peril.

struth
26-05-2016, 10:09
Lies Lies and Damned Lies

Spectral Morn
26-05-2016, 10:44
Bright and early this morning, an idiot from TNT delivered my long, lost consignment. It had been delivered to a random house in the area . I kid you not.

So all the stories they told were complete and utter lies. He had picked a likely looking house and dropped the boxes off without a signature, on Tuesday.

How is that possible ???

Use TNT at your peril.

Best I ever had when I was in the trade was a guy from Dukes delivering Yamaha. The boxs were in less than good nick, in fact it looked like a herd of elephants had been playing footsie with them, crushed, dented, not in as they left the factory condition.

The driver presented the docket to be signed. I refused. He went thermal nuclear while I explained to him why I was not signing, and he was actually taking them back. You have to sign, I said no. Look it says in good condition, these are not in good condition, are they ? You have to sign. Nope. I will have to ring the office. Go ahead. I end up speaking to his boss on the phone explaining why I am not signing.

The end of it was the driver reloaded the destroyed Yamaha stuff, face like thunder and drove off. Every time he came again I made him wait while I checked every box individually, each part of the box. He hated me :)

There was another time a pair of Townsend speakers were delivered, first was fine, a number of us lifted them of the van took into the shop and came back out for the second. It was in the street, van gone. Bottom of box crushed, tar seeping out of the box :doh: