PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Wiltshire

Antinchip
19-05-2016, 13:32
I am a long-standing member of the Pinkfish Media Forum and have been a voyeur here from time to time. As a valve novice I have just recently decided to sample the Croft sound, compare with my present solid sate power amplification and see where that takes me, hence some more recent visits here So to make the most of it I thought I had better sign up!

My present main system comprises;
Linn LP12, Sole MkV sub-chassis, Infinity Black Widow tonearm, Shure V15iii/Jico SAS and Lingo 3 power supply.
Arkless Electronics Turbo phono stage.
Avondale modified Naim CD3 cd player.
Beresford Bushmaster DAC with Anker battery psu.
Chevron Audio Paradox preamplifier.
Avondale M130 mono-block power amplifiers.
Tannoy Turnberry SE speakers.

I have just purchased a Croft Series 7 with a single volume pot from Bourney via Pinkfish, safely received yesterday. My intention is to experiment with it in place of the Avondale power amps but still using the Chevron Paradox preamp for source selection and attenuation. I have given it a quick run in the conservatory system as is (Pure 20 i-pod dock: Celestion Ditton 15's, Croft replacing an Amptastic Mini 1) and it sounds pretty fine. Not yet had the chance to install it in the main system so something to look forward to at the weekend.

Cheers.

Anthony

Arkless Electronics
19-05-2016, 14:18
Welcome to AOS Anthony!

walpurgis
19-05-2016, 14:27
Hello Anthony. Welcome to AOS.

You have a nice selection of equipment. I'm sure the Croft will sound rather good through the Turnberry's.

What music do you listen to and do you have further plans for your Hi-Fi?

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Antinchip
19-05-2016, 15:28
Thanks Jez. Turbo is still sounding good. I hope that you are keeping well.

Thanks Geoff, I look forward to the experience.

My kit has taken shape over the last 35+ years with the usual steps forward, back and sideways. Often an itch to scratch, so the Turnberry's replaced a pair of Castle Howard S2's only a few months back. I have heard that Croft might work well with Turnberry's so thought it might be time to scratch the valve itch. We shall see how it goes. No particular plans otherwise.

My musical taste is grounded in prog rock from my early teenage years (mid 70's, with classic Genesis is a fave) but spans from the folky end of things like Seth Lakeman to the heavier end like Metallica. Many things in between such as Agnes Obel, Cowboy Junkies, Eels, Elbow, Muse and Web Wilder for example. I am content to experiment a little.

Cheers

Anthony

Spectral Morn
20-05-2016, 12:39
Welcome to AoS Anthony

Antinchip
20-05-2016, 13:02
Thanks Neil. Glad to be here. Croft queries will no doubt follow soon!

Cheers

Anthony

Barry
01-06-2016, 18:02
Welcome to AoS Anthony.

You might be the only other member here who uses/used an Infinity 'Black Widow' arm. No doubt it would put the "Linnies" in a tizzy if they found out! :lol:

Enjoy the Forum

Barry