PDA

View Full Version : Lyra Delos optimal resistance loading

madscientist
18-05-2016, 12:14
Hi
I have recently purchased a Tom Evans Groove Anniversary from Steve on the wigwam to use with my Lyra Delos. I would like to know what resistance loadings you guys think are the best to use with the Lyra Delos and possibly the reasons why?

Firebottle
18-05-2016, 13:06
They recommend 91 ohms(?) minimum so I'd go with 100 ohm and see how it sounds to you.

The resistance of the cart is 8.2 ohms and accepted wisdom is always to load with at least 10x this.

:)

Sondekker
18-05-2016, 15:59
I have used my Lyra Delos with a Lundahl SUT (x16) which offers a fixed resistance of around 180 ohms and it has sounded fine to me. However, when I recently took the cartridge to my local dealer (Signals, Ipswich) to have the stylus inspected for wear they advised that the accepted wisdom is that the Delos performs best into an active stage at around 400 ohms....... and they sell a lot of Lyra cartridges.

I have yesterday sold the Denon 301 Mk 2 I have been trying and will be re-fitting the Delos. I am currently borrowing Firebottles latest head amp to try against my SUT and the head amp offers various loading options and so I plan to try different loadings with the Delos to see what sounds best in my system.

hifi_dave
18-05-2016, 16:35
Depends on the phono stage or step-up but 100+ ohms appears to be about right.

allthingsanalogue
25-05-2016, 14:31
Running mine at 100ohms, sounds superb.