PDA

View Full Version : Hi, From Seattle!

Brawling Attorney
17-05-2016, 22:29
Hi,

Just created this account, and I wanted to say hello.

Completely new to fiddling with stereo equipment. I just picked up a Pioneer SX-353, Sansui RA-500 and some speakers this week. Still haven't really gotten the whole thing working. Anyways, I look forward to posting and learning more about vintage hi-fi's.

walpurgis
17-05-2016, 22:39
Hello Aaron. Welcome to AOS.

If you want advice on your new (vintage) gear, you've come to the right place. Try starting a thread in the Past Masters or Blank Canvas sections and ask any questions you may have. I'm sure you'll get answers.

Tell us what music you like and what your next steps with your system may be.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Brawling Attorney
17-05-2016, 22:47
Thanks!

Next step is to get the receiver completely working, and then I need toss my budget Crosley and get a decent entry level turntable.

Currently listening to a lot of post-punk and noise rock. My current lady has a thing for Donovan and that sort of stuff, so I've got a lot of that in the rotation lately.

walpurgis
17-05-2016, 23:03
Decent entry level turntables include ProJect and Rega. Both reliable choices. My personal preference being Rega.

Brawling Attorney
18-05-2016, 20:10
Thanks for the recommendation Walpurgis! I'm really debating. I have heard nice stuff about the Rega's. Although I did see that Crutchfield has a nice discount on open box ProJect TT's. It brings the Project Debut Carbon down to $339. Plus, I do love that dash of color.

But, I kind of love the wood cases and silver fronts of my receiver and reverb amp. They're so pretty that in my head I can justify the expense as being both audio equipment and decor. I'd kind of love to get a vintage turntable, with a wood plinth but I think finding one for $300 or under that was professionally serviced and in full working (not a gamble) condition might be tough.

struth
18-05-2016, 20:14
Project debut carbon speedbox it a nice starter deck, and has a decent arm/ cart can be upgraded from the red later. Had one myself once and it was good...mine was red.

Spectral Morn
18-05-2016, 21:07
Welcome to AoS Aaron

The Black Adder
20-05-2016, 19:32
Welcome to AOS, Aaron :)