PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Flintshire

gwernaffield
14-05-2016, 22:30
Hello i am strating to rebuild my HIFi after 6 years the past one was the following Kef 207, Rotel RCD991 , Michel Alecto monos mk2 , Tom evans Vibe , Michell orbe and sme V dynovector cartridge , etc took ages to build but then i fell ill and needed to money to live ,so that was the frist thing to go , so looking around to buy this again ,i live in north wales , like all types of music , but Pink Floyd has to be on my top ten along with led zep ,
cheers peter

struth
14-05-2016, 22:34
Hi Peter... A full rebuild then... Glad your health has improved, or hope it has.... If you want any answers then ask a question it the appropriate section:)

gwernaffield
14-05-2016, 22:39
Hi thank you for the welcome , yes a full rebuild it is , but not on the health side but that is some thing else , it took a while to build the last system but only a week to sell it off,
lost a lot of money , but it was a lession i needed to learn that good second hand stuff saves you money and still sounds the same , any how thank you for the kind welcome ,

peter

walpurgis
14-05-2016, 23:01
Hi Peter. Welcome to AOS.

Sounds like you've had a bit of a tough time. Hope you're all OK now.

How far have you got with sourcing your component bits for the new system?

Are you hoping to replicate exactly what you had before? There may be other options now.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Spectral Morn
15-05-2016, 18:56
Welcome to AoS Peter, hope you enjoy the forum.

gwernaffield
16-05-2016, 17:13
Thank you for the reply , might have a bite at this auction ,a Full Linn set up is for auction , and no it is not eBay , all the new klimax stuff but it may be beyond my price range , i am on the look out for some tom evans stuff, i had the vibe and pulse 2 , and the phono stage ,but i may look out for the beast of an amp a rotel rb1090 i had one to run the kef 207 s ,and then bought the michell mono blocks ,
upgraded to mk2 , alecto ,by townsend ,the mk1 cannot be upgraded , the mk2 with the green boards can ,
hifi stuff starts to be bought in a couple of weeks , if i can find any at the correct price and her indoors does not moan to much !
cheers
peter

walpurgis
16-05-2016, 17:45
Why not start a thread in the Blank Canvas area or start a blog in the Gallery as many do, Peter. Then you can tell us how you're getting on with your system as it progesses and get some interaction with members.

Marco
23-06-2017, 20:33
Hello i am strating to rebuild my HIFi after 6 years the past one was the following Kef 207, Rotel RCD991 , Michel Alecto monos mk2 , Tom evans Vibe , Michell orbe and sme V dynovector cartridge , etc took ages to build but then i fell ill and needed to money to live ,so that was the frist thing to go , so looking around to buy this again ,i live in north wales , like all types of music , but Pink Floyd has to be on my top ten along with led zep ,
cheers peter

Hi Peter,

Welcome to AoS. Glad you've got over your period of illness and are now back to the even more important stuff, such as building a new hi-fi system! ;)

I'm sure you'll find the forum useful for that, as the guys and gals here are very friendly and helpful. We're not far from each other, so if you fancy a listening sesh sometime, just let me know :cool:

Marco.

walpurgis
23-06-2017, 20:48
Peter. We have a new member who is near you and is contemplating the sale of a decent looking Linn with Ittok if you would be interested.

You could PM him to discuss. The thread is here: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?52313-A-question-about-selling-hi-ish-end-kit

gwernaffield
09-07-2017, 14:42
Hi This is where i am upto with the new is build ,MF 6500i , a MFm6 DAC with bluetooh MF M1 transport , Michell Odyssey number 34 out 100. michel /trichord delphini mono phono stage numer 16 of 30 made , 4 box , but using a NC power supply with a Y cable to run off the NC power supply whilst i get the original ones upgraded by trichord , Kef r900 speakers to take the power of the amp , and now a WB ASSIDE 8 tear rack , which i have had to starp to the wall as it is not that stable, but will have to make a brace and some deeper shelves to make every thing fit properly , unless some one needs an 8 teir rack ,which is for naim componants , and not for the bruser of an amp i have20827

walpurgis
09-07-2017, 15:32
Looks good Peter. Speakers are rather close together though.

gwernaffield
09-07-2017, 20:05
hi i no about the speakers it was just getting set up , i need to get longer cable ,but not sure what to buy , i have chord epic at 1.5m and chord signiture 1m so i need to get some thing at 3m each , but at a price that will not break the bank , as speaker cable you seem to flip a coin on the price and the flavour of the month,the cables i have are both used and cost a fraction of the new cost,all the money has gone on quality i.hope gear , peter

walpurgis
09-07-2017, 20:19
Van Damme speaker cable is well liked and not too costly. Many members here use it happily. They make good interconnect cable too.

Marco
09-07-2017, 21:15
Hi Peter,

Geoff's right. You'll not go wrong with this stuff (which I use), and Mark's a great guy to deal with: https://markgrant.co.uk/terminated-cables/47-van-damme-2-x-25mm-blue-studio-grade-terminated.html

Highly recommended! :cool:

Marco.

gwernaffield
09-07-2017, 21:48
Hi Peter,

Geoff's right. You'll not go wrong with this stuff (which I use), and Mark's a great guy to deal with: https://markgrant.co.uk/terminated-cables/47-van-damme-2-x-25mm-blue-studio-grade-terminated.html

Highly recommended! :cool:

Marco.
Hi marco thanks i will have a look , as i have jumper cables for the signiture but dont need them , i was told by the chord to use the epic on the trebble side and the signature on the bass, and i mest admit that is great to listern to , but i wont pay out £1000 on moving them apart , thanks for the link ,
cheers peter

Marco
09-07-2017, 22:17
No worries, mate. Remember that many of these branded, so-called 'high-end' cables are constructed from the raw materials of professional companies, such as Van Damme, Mogami, Belden, etc, simply covered by a posh outer sheathing with a 'fancy' name on it and a suitably high mark up! ;)

The blue Van Damme studio cable linked to is 'no nonsense' stuff, which simply does the biz at a realistic price.

Marco.

gwernaffield
09-07-2017, 22:29
Marco i noticed you are in wrexham , i have looked at the 6mm ones , which i can make up , so a great saving there , now will have to shift the chord ones, at a later date ,cheers peter

Marco
09-07-2017, 22:31
No worries, Peter. Yup, only down the road from you! :cool:

Marco.

gwernaffield
09-07-2017, 23:21
marco well if you need any bits for a michell just drop me a line , loads of spare ball bearings, gp spacers , etc and some zx1 extra lube that will make the bearing so slippy it wont stop LOL
peter:cool: