PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Sunny Manchester UK

KWB
12-05-2016, 07:19
Greetings All
I've been blowing cobwebs off my Proac Studio 100s. Previously powered with Quad 99 p amp through a lovely Croft Vitale. I'm in the process of rebuilding set up for my son who is completing a Music Tech degree in Leeds for home recording studio duties when he's on leave. So will try to simplify pre/ power duties with Audiolab 8000a ( blackface). Looking forward to listening to the comparison/ results. Different room 4x5 m sq. with some accoustic treatment bass traps etc.

Regards

walpurgis
12-05-2016, 08:55
Hello Kelly. Welcome to AOS.

You have some nice equipment there. I hope you have fun setting up your son's system.

Tell us what music you listen to and what plans if any, you may have for your system.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
12-05-2016, 10:24
Nice one Kelly..sure the boy will appreciate it.. Hope you find the site useful

The Black Adder
12-05-2016, 10:33
Welcome to AOS, Kelly.

Get your duster out and get the Proacs groovin' :)

Enjoy :)
Josie

KWB
12-05-2016, 12:37
Forgot to mention diverse music interests include acoustic genres Irish and Americana Old Time eg Tim O'Brien, Bruce Molsky,Jazz ( Blue Note era) Old R&B Frank Zappa etc. Sons interest equally varied leaning towards Twin Peaks, Everything Everything,BBC etc. Haven't got room for much vinyl these days so Thorens deck looking redundant at the moment

Thanks for warm welcomes all

Going to give the Croft some tlc deep clean as has been sharing space with wood burning stove for a few years.

Enjoying getting back into some recording myself but struggling with DAW computer interface. Tempted to find old Revox 4 track tape recorder!