PDA

View Full Version : Hello and greetings from the state of Tennessee

cubis
11-05-2016, 22:00
Well as far as me I hardly know where to begin. My mother taught me a love for music from a little child, every day there was music playing in the house. I guess as I got older I became fascinated with the technology behind it and decided to pursue a career in electronics. I enjoy working on vintage tube gear and have a lot of modern equipment as well. I have been a guitarist most of my life and I'm also very interested in the old vintage tube type guitar Amplifiers. I have more stuff than I could possibly list, which is also part of my joy/problem. Happy to find your site, and looking forward to meeting some of the interesting folk on your site. Best regards,

struth
11-05-2016, 22:06
Welcome To AoS Brian ... nice to have a member from the great state of Tennessee... Lovely sippin' whiskey you make... I hope you enjoy the Site and contribute as much as you can.

cubis
11-05-2016, 22:19
Thanks much! Yes I suppose that I have had a taste or two of it, you know, for medicinal reasons... :eyebrows:

walpurgis
11-05-2016, 22:20
Welcome to AOS Brian.

Yes. A music background for a child is a great thing. I enjoyed one too.

What equipment are you actually using in your Hi-Fi system at the moment?

You are not alone in having a substantial collection of bits and pieces. Many here do (me included).

If you are working on anything interesting, a thread in the Drawing Board section would be appreciated, as we have many members who like the DIY approach.

Tell us what music you listen to and what plans if any, you may have for our system.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
11-05-2016, 22:27
Thanks much! Yes I suppose that I have had a taste or two of it, you know, for medicinal reasons... :eyebrows:

I'm sure you have Brian... I used to love George Dickel especially, but cant afford it these days.... twas marvellous stuff... always find it strange that being brought up with Scotch, in Scotland, I developed a taste for Bourbon and Sippin whiskey to point I rarely drink my nations drink these days :doh:

Frazeur1
13-05-2016, 10:22
Welcome Brian, from your neighbor to the north. I was actually born in Johnson City just a "few" years ago, hah.

Spectral Morn
15-05-2016, 18:58
Welcome Brian :)

cubis
25-05-2016, 03:45
Hey guy's sorry for the slow response. Busy busy... So here is my weird mishmash of gear I am listing to at the moment. Merrill Heirloom TT with a Morch UP4 arm and an old Supex 900 super cartridge. Threshold SL-10 Preamplifier with a Threshold 400A Power amp. Sansui TU-919 AM/FM tuner upgraded by Audiohorizons of California. Aiwa AD-F810 cassette deck. Speakers B&W DM602. Nakamichi CD player 3.

struth
25-05-2016, 08:19
Sansui 919. Nice:) all nice actually

Barry
01-06-2016, 15:39
Welcome to AoS Brian.

Some nice gear you have there. Enjoy the Forum

Barry