PDA

View Full Version : New Clarkson Show to be called 'The Grand Tour'

Macca
11-05-2016, 15:33
This just in

After months of deliberation, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond & James May have now chosen a name for their new Amazon Prime motoring show, coming this Autumn.

For the first time ever, the studio audience recordings will take place in a different worldwide location every week. In that spirit, the new show, coming exclusively to Amazon Prime members, will be called The Grand Tour.

Got to wait until Autumn but hey, it's something to look forward to.

brian2957
11-05-2016, 15:40
Hopefully I'll have some drying paint to watch by then Martin :lol:

Marco
11-05-2016, 15:50
Lol - not a big car lover then, Brian? :)

It always amazes/amuses me how Martin seems to be so 'into' Top Gear, when the daftee doesn't even own a car (or as far as I know, a driving license)! :eyebrows: ;)

Marco,

struth
11-05-2016, 15:54
Im with Brian on this... One big yawn lol

Marco
11-05-2016, 15:58
I'll judge it after I've watched the first episode - just as I will the new Top Gear, with Chris Evans and all :)

TBH, these types of shows are aimed at diehard 'petrolheads', so if you don't qualify, I'm not surprised you find it a 'yawn'. I often feel the same when watching the news, or science/political programmes! ;)

Marco.

brian2957
11-05-2016, 16:31
Love car shows mate , this ain't a car show . This will be a bunch of blokes doing stupid things with cars like setting fire to them and driving them into lakes , with the occasional car test thrown in :rolleyes:
Give me Wheeler Dealers any time . Top Gear might be good too :)

Marco
11-05-2016, 16:36
Love car shows mate , this ain't a car show . This will be a bunch of blokes doing stupid things with cars like setting fire to them and driving them into lakes , with the occasional car test thrown in :rolleyes:

Maybe that's why Macca likes it, then! :D

Like I said, I'll judge it once I've watched it :)

Marco.

brian2957
11-05-2016, 16:39
Mmm.... I just know I'll enjoy watching paint drying much better :D

struth
11-05-2016, 16:40
I'll judge it after I've watched the first episode - just as I will the new Top Gear, with Chris Evans and all :)

TBH, these types of shows are aimed at diehard 'petrolheads', so if you don't qualify, I'm not surprised you find it a 'yawn'. I often feel the same when watching the news, or science/political programmes! ;)

Marco.

A good well presented Science program... lovely... nature and space; excellent...good history and historical dramas top ho.... I used to like proper car reviews when younger, but that seems to have gone out window. Prefer kids animated shows lol

But as ever, each to their own.:)

Macca
11-05-2016, 16:48
True I don' t have a car or a licence but i've worked in the trade twice and bought and sold a lot of cars.

Watched TG since I was a little kid. And I am a big Clarkson fan. James May is good too.

Spectral Morn
11-05-2016, 16:54
This just in

After months of deliberation, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond & James May have now chosen a name for their new Amazon Prime motoring show, coming this Autumn.

For the first time ever, the studio audience recordings will take place in a different worldwide location every week. In that spirit, the new show, coming exclusively to Amazon Prime members, will be called The Grand Tour.

Got to wait until Autumn but hey, it's something to look forward to.

Clarkson for me joins Billy Connelly on the I am not watching any more. Why ? With Billy his Ken Bigley comments for Clarkson for his I don't give a shit attitude re his assaulting someone. The Amazon ad where he makes a snearing dismissive comment re the BBC (Amazon Firestick), says it all. Frankly he should have done time for the assault. Anyway as much as I enjoyed Top Gear with the three amigos I part company with them now.

walpurgis
11-05-2016, 17:01
I'll watch anything with tits 'n bits in it! :eyebrows:

struth
11-05-2016, 17:15
I'll watch anything with tits 'n bits in it! :eyebrows:

Ah, A Sun reader :D

brian2957
11-05-2016, 17:18
I think he only looks at the piccies Grant :lol:

Macca
11-05-2016, 17:39
Lots of enthusistic support for this so far then.

struth
11-05-2016, 17:43
Hey, if it keeps you off the streets ;)

Arkless Electronics
11-05-2016, 17:57
Looking forward to it here! Personally I reckon the fracas was a storm in a tea cup and should have been ignored. If Clarkson wants to pay me £100K to take a split lip and some ethnic stereotyping (monkey hanging Hartlepudlian whatever...) then I'm up for it...

jollyfix
11-05-2016, 19:00
I can't stand Clarkson, so i won't be watching.

The Black Adder
11-05-2016, 19:32
+1

Can't freakin' stand the bigot.

Virtual-Symmetry
11-05-2016, 20:05
I love cars but hate modern cars for the same reason i hate modern Hi-Fi. i could not watch ant Car TV programmes no way..

:nono:

Barry
11-05-2016, 20:25
Think I'll watch my fridge defrost. :rolleyes:

Marco
11-05-2016, 20:52
It's time you bought a new car, Captain Skinflint (one made in the 21st century) - then you'd enjoy Top Gear properly! :eyebrows: ;)

Marco.

brian2957
11-05-2016, 20:58
Think I'll watch my fridge defrost. :rolleyes:

My fridge is frost free Barry , it looks like I'll be doing some painting instead :eyebrows:

RichB
11-05-2016, 21:44
Clarkson reminds me of the cantankerous git who lives over the road. He thinks he's king of the street. Everyone else thinks he's a numpty.

I won't be watching him.

skimminstones
12-05-2016, 09:15
actual car review shows bore the arse off me. May as well read a magazine if you want the review as otherwise its just video of someone driving. The beuaty of top gear was the 3 blokes having a laugh. It was an entertainment show, not a review one.

Ill be watching the new show, well downloading it as im not paying for amazon prime, and if its the same thing as before, 3 blokes that get on well together, have a laugh and entertain then ill enjoy it.

The new top gear wont be the same for me as firstly im not a fan of chris evans anyway. Secondly it seems to have far too many presenters which means the chemistry between them will be all over the place which was why i found 5th gear boring as hell and thirdly they made the ridiculous decision to have matt le blanc and sabine in it.

Marco
12-05-2016, 09:19
actual car review shows bore the arse off me. May as well read a magazine if you want the review as otherwise its just video of someone driving. The beuaty of top gear was the 3 blokes having a laugh. It was an entertainment show, not a review one.

Good point, Keith, and one that I agree with. As with most things, however, it's a question of balance. I quite like a 'serious review' amongst all the madcap shit! :)

Marco.

Beobloke
12-05-2016, 09:28
Must admit I'm not totally adverse to the idea of the new programme, but we live in the middle of nowhere and have ridiculously slow broadband speed, plus I really can't be bothered with downloading stuff to my computer and sitting watching it on a puny 19" monitor.

Consequently, if it isn't on Freesat, I'm not watching it!

struth
12-05-2016, 09:31
My bband was like that until recently...we are right at end of the exchange before it switches to next one so was the slowest in town...got fibre now so it rattles along much better now and up to 10 times quicker.

The Black Adder
12-05-2016, 09:33
Top Gear used to be informative and if my decision of a car was met by derision then so be it. I'd rather review a car myself and make my own mind up. Not have Clarkson tell me otherwise. In fact, most of the cars I've owned Clarkson hated and I loved every one. I'm really quite proud of that fact.

I like to know more about what engineering has gone in to cars, not to watch Clarkson sling it around a track and act like 14 year old.

I like James May, he's cool as he likes to go in to things whilst Hammond is just Clarksons lapdog.

But that's my opinion... lol. :)

skimminstones
12-05-2016, 09:40
Top Gear used to be informative and if my decision of a car was met by derision then so be it. I'd rather review a car myself and make my own mind up. Not have Clarkson tell me otherwise. In fact, most of the cars I've owned Clarkson hated and I loved every one. I'm really quite proud of that fact.

I like to know more about what engineering has gone in to cars, not to watch Clarkson sling it around a track and act like 14 year old.

Then top gear clearly isnt the show for you to get that info. Im confused by people over the last ten years, (not necessarily you but ive seen it so many times), that watch top gear and complain it isnt the show they want it to be. If i dont like a show i dont tend to watch it anymore.

The Black Adder
12-05-2016, 10:02
Then top gear clearly isnt the show for you to get that info. Im confused by people over the last ten years, (not necessarily you but ive seen it so many times), that watch top gear and complain it isnt the show they want it to be. If i dont like a show i dont tend to watch it anymore.

I was just saying.. and that (in bold) is exactly what I do.

struth
12-05-2016, 10:08
A bit like forums ;)

Macca
12-05-2016, 11:08
If you want to know how much boot capacity the latest pile of plastic crap has then there is Fifth Gear or magazines, or on-line reviews. They cancelled the old Top Gear because no-one wanted to watch boring reviews of boring cars.

Then we had new Top Gear which hit the spot exactly until a few seasons in when people started noticing it and it became the most popular factual show in the world, and jumped the shark a bit, but not enough to ruin it.

Then the boring hypocrites saw their chance and took that away from us - but now we get The Grand Tour to replace it. It won't be about boring review of boring cars because no-one wants to watch that.

Joe
12-05-2016, 12:03
Clarkson can be amusing (eg on HIGNFY and QI). I don't think I've ever seen a whole episode of Top Gear, just snippets half-seen at my sister's house, but what I have seen doesn't make me keen to watch either the new Clarkson vehicle (see what I did there?) or the new Top Gear. But then, I'm a dullard.

Audio Advent
12-05-2016, 23:03
Im with Brian on this... One big yawn lol

The Big Yawn? Billy Connolly?

Problem with Clarkson et al, is that the boring part in my opinion are their narrow personalities, presenting styles, same old jokes, same old cliched faux-emotion to camera. Yawn indeed.

Wheeler Dealers is much more interesting (though I'm really not into the whole money/investment aspect - want prices to drop not increase!). New Top Gear has at least a new set of presenters to get bored of slowly, but more of them so should take longer.

Audio Advent
12-05-2016, 23:06
My fridge is frost free Barry , it looks like I'll be doing some painting instead :eyebrows:

It's a misconception that you need to spread the paint - just open a tester pot and pour some out.

Floyddroid
18-08-2016, 05:33
Clarkson gets right up my nose. I won't be wasting my time watching this. Some times I am glad I don't have a digi box.

danilo
26-08-2016, 23:20
The Big Yawn? Billy Connolly?

Problem with Clarkson et al, is that the boring part in my opinion are their narrow personalities, presenting styles, same old jokes, same old cliched faux-emotion to camera. Yawn indeed.

Wheeler Dealers is much more interesting (though I'm really not into the whole money/investment aspect - want prices to drop not increase!). New Top Gear has at least a new set of presenters to get bored of slowly, but more of them so should take longer.

Agreed.. basically too predictably Boring . How many times can one watch a Septuagenarian do the same Stupid things?
IF younger ? My apologies, but He certainly looks the part. The other two straight men are just Comedic relief or at least supposed to be.

Not seen 'Wheeler Dealers'..Likely a plausible premise as 'Museum England" is a planetary opinion of the Sceptred Isles...where.. Anything.. Old is both revered and surprisingly overvalued ;)
Could be worth a laugh.. at least once.

Macca
27-08-2016, 08:07
Not seen 'Wheeler Dealers'..Likely a plausible premise as 'Museum England" is a planetary opinion of the Sceptred Isles...where.. Anything.. Old is both revered and surprisingly overvalued ;)
It wasn't always the case. We knocked down or scrapped way too much after the War. Only recently that we came to our senses and started preserving it instead. Other cultures will catch up one day ;)

Barry
27-08-2016, 13:44
Is there anything that is old and valued in Canada? Something from the Inuit culture perhaps?