PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to all Audiofiles and vintage items lovers

jowcker
10-05-2016, 11:19
Hi , I'm Andreas from Athens Greece!
Despite the fact that we, here in Greece, face a sadly spiral of economy recession for the last 8 years, there are still some things that help (some of us) to resist from desperation and sadness. One of these is the love for music and all of them serves it, like quality equipment and passion for analogue media, called records in my youth times :)
I'm certaintly convinced that greed and paradox, as the strategic tools of the contemporary mass market marketing, will be proved very soft to defeat the quality instinct of human beings and sometimes I take myself to chuckle while reading articles like " vinyl is back" and "the velvet tubes sound", as I identify the desperate effort of the mass market industry (and all of it's tools) trying to catch up the human switch over.

My home audio equipment is consisted mainly of older analogue units along with my DYI projects here and there.
Just to name some of them, Thorens TD160S and TD520 , Alphason 101 and other various SME, Mission, and wooden DYI arms, Denon DL305, DL301, Shelter 90X , DNM power6 phono and control, Kenwood solid state intergrated, Valve AVVT320 nonoblocks, Hitachi Mosfet cressendo upgrade, Proac EBS, DYI Pannels, Philips CD951 ,Philips 880 CDR, Marantz CD56, CD48, Cambridge 2 DAC , Revox B77 1/2 R2R, Armstrong valve tube tuner .
I'm a fan of 60's & '70s psychedelic, 80's new wave & punk rock, accid jazz various artists.
Being happy to meet you
Cheers

Spectral Morn
10-05-2016, 11:45
Welcome to AoS Andreas :cool:

walpurgis
10-05-2016, 21:54
Welcome to AOS Andreas.

I can imagine the impact on everyday life that the economy has. Hopefully things will improve.

You have an interesting collection of equipment. I'm sure you'll find plenty of useful discussions and information here.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
12-05-2016, 10:22
Hi Andy.. Good to have you aboard.

The Black Adder
12-05-2016, 10:31
Hi Andy.

Welcome to AOS. :)

Sounds like you have some very nice kit there.

Enjoy! - I'm sure you will. :)

Regards
Jo