PDA

View Full Version : And now the end is near.....

PaulStewart
09-05-2016, 23:47
Sadly due to an incompetent plumber, I have to move out of my house for three months while the place is dried out. Most of my kit is going into storage, but I'm running out of space. For this reason my retro hifi collection, starting the R-Rs. So if anyone is interested, I have some Revoxes, a G36, two A77s one high speed one low and a PR99 plus a second one that needs some work. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Audio Al
10-05-2016, 03:51
:D I'm interested :eyebrows:

Paul PM me the details please

Firebottle
10-05-2016, 06:02
Sad to hear Paul due to the incompetence of others, hope you can get some recompense.

walpurgis
10-05-2016, 09:15
That sounds pretty bad Paul. Hope you get it sorted out soon. Good job the weather is warming and things stand a chance of drying out.

Spectral Morn
10-05-2016, 09:19
Sorry to hear that Paul, hope it gets sorted soon.

If you are willing to ship, and the price is right I have long had a hankering for a Revox G36

struth
10-05-2016, 09:20
Ditto above.. Sorry to hear this. Plumbing problems are horrible.. Ive one with my neighbours house which is worrying me.. Hope at least your insurancecsirts things out

PaulStewart
10-05-2016, 10:29
Thanks guys I'll sort out pic etc at the weekend all the kit is in dry storage. The contractors have admitted liability but it's still a total ball ache. To save one piece of copper pipe, he used the hot water tank expansion pipe to feed the shower. This caused a siphon from the system and 85k litres have leaked under the house. They are paying for the destroyed oak floor my electricity and water metre bills to. A holes of the first order.

Spectral Morn
10-05-2016, 10:32
Thanks guys I'll sort out pic etc at the weekend all the kit is in dry storage. The contractors have admitted liability but it's still a total ball ache. To save one piece of copper pipe, he used the hot water tank expansion pipe to feed the shower. This caused a siphon from the system and 85k litres have leaked under the house. They are paying for the destroyed oak floor my electricity and water metre bills to. A holes of the first order.

Awful Paul, truly awful :(

AlexM
12-05-2016, 18:25
What a total moron!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

PaulStewart
12-05-2016, 18:36
What a total moron!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Who, me or the plumber? :) Yep saving on 1.5 metres of 10mm copper pipe = £5.00, cost of new floor, hire of de humidifiers, accommodation, storage, power, drying channel dug round house and gravel filled, etc now running at circa £16,000.00 and rising daily, more like utter tosser.... :steam:

walpurgis
12-05-2016, 19:24
Any idea of the timespan before things are right again Paul?

PaulStewart
12-05-2016, 21:05
Any idea of the timespan before things are right again Paul?

How longs piece of string Geoff :( Once we have found a place to rent and moved out of our place, They have to rip out the floor and put de-humidifiers in to run 24 hours a day, they say this could take three months, they then have to redecorate, and lay the replacement floor and move us back so 5-6 months, if I live that long :steam: :steam: :steam:

walpurgis
12-05-2016, 21:15
What a bind Paul. I sympathise. It must be a real trial.

Audio Al
07-06-2016, 16:20
? I can't see any details Paul ?

struth
07-06-2016, 16:29
They are now in private sales section Al.

PaulStewart
07-06-2016, 19:05
Sorry guys the info got moved it's now HERE (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?45255-Reel-To-Reel-Machines-For-Sale)

Spectral Morn
07-06-2016, 19:09
Sorry guys the info got moved it's now HERE (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?45255-Reel-To-Reel-Machines-For-Sale)

Best chance to sell them Paul was to put them in Private Exhibitions (would have got lost here), so I took the liberty of moving them.

PaulStewart
07-06-2016, 19:23
Best chance to sell them Paul was to put them in Private Exhibitions (would have got lost here), so I took the liberty of moving them.

Thanks Neil, you're probably right, I just thought the R2R thread was a good place to start :)