PDA

View Full Version : Radiohead - New Album

RichB
06-05-2016, 16:58
Released on Sunday apparently. I know they're a band which divide opinion but I bloody love them and quite excited about this. I've been lucky to see them live a few times over the years and each time has been a joy, from a sweaty club to a heavy dark set on a rain soaked night in Blackpool to a rave type atmosphere in a stadium in Edinburgh. Always exciting and innovative.

Expect they'll release as a download with a side order of vinyl which I'll go for. Uninterrupted Sunday night listening session will be required. I find their material immersive and each album warrants a listen in its entirety to understand it.

So, who else is happy about this and who isn't?

Anyway for those that don't really get them, start here.. Phenomenal performance
http://youtu.be/Xq_a8f24UJI

CageyH
06-05-2016, 18:52
I am looking forward to this as well.

RichB
08-05-2016, 08:34
Happy Radiohead Day!

The Black Adder
08-05-2016, 08:54
The video for Burn the Witch is brilliant... check it out if you haven't already.

CageyH
09-05-2016, 09:06
Not heard the album yet, as Radiohead have blackballed Spotify.

YNWaN
09-05-2016, 09:08
Have they? I did notice yesterday that Spotify was one of the options listed on the Radiohead website.

CageyH
09-05-2016, 09:12
http://youtu.be/yI2oS2hoL0k

CageyH
09-05-2016, 09:16
Have they? I did notice yesterday that Spotify was one of the options listed on the Radiohead website.

http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/93445
The album is not available on Spotify.
The above link is o e of the articles about it.

YNWaN
09-05-2016, 09:34
Hmm.. that's odd. I'm sure when I looked yesterday Spotify was one of the options and when I clicked on it it did take me to the Spotify log-on page - but today it isn't an option.

RichB
09-05-2016, 09:35
So I took the plunge and went for the 24 bit WAV download as the vinyl with a code won't be out til 17th June and I'm impatient.

Played it back via the Edingdales and a Sabre DAC last night. Very impressed but a headphone listen today shows even greater depths to it. Some lovely choir and orchestral arrangements here. I can see them performing it live with an orchestra actually which will be something to behold.

More accessible than King of Limbs but not as deep as In Rainbows for me which I believe is probably their finest album. Think somewhere between these 2 and you're getting close.

RichB
09-05-2016, 09:39
Hmm.. that's odd. I'm sure when I looked yesterday Spotify was one of the options and when I clicked on it it did take me to the Spotify log-on page - but today it isn't an option.

Apparently it was briefly available on Google play but hastily removed. Not a dickie bird on Spotify I'm afraid. ITunes, Amazon or from their own site is the way to go.

6 music played it back to back last night and you can hear that show via iplayer. I've just been listening to it.

RichB
09-05-2016, 09:40
BBC 6 music link here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03tk6ll

CageyH
09-05-2016, 09:49
Thanks for the link. It even works in France. :)

Gazjam
09-05-2016, 11:16
Their best since Ok Computer for me, couple of tracks from In Rainbows notwithstanding.
Johnny Greenwoods been practicing his arrangement, some fantastic orchestral stuff in there.

The groove in Burn the Witch is amazing.
Live with an orchestra would be a bit special.

YNWaN
09-05-2016, 19:21
If you do buy the vinyl the download is available to you immediately (I believe).

RichB
09-05-2016, 20:03
If you do but the vinyl the download is available to you immediately (I believe).

Not according to their site. You get the vinyl shipped next month with a download card.

RichB
09-05-2016, 20:04
Not according to their site. You get the vinyl shipped next month with a download card.

Correction... If you buy the £60 box set you get the download immediately

Mika K
10-05-2016, 07:55
Listened the album from Tidal yesterday evening. It was that good had to order the 2LP version, which is nice as somehow had already thought that Radiohead has lost it for me.. :)

mossy
10-05-2016, 09:12
Very musical but at the same time very immersive. First listen was all good.
Second late at night under headphones...I was transported to the land of Nod, but in a good way.

clarkey555
10-05-2016, 10:51
Apparently the indie stores are getting a limited edition white vinyl edition available now for pre order that's the one I am going for. Btw thom yorke looks cooler with age a real recluse with attitude haaa haaa

The Black Adder
13-05-2016, 13:37
Just listened to this... I've been slack, I know.

Great... Just ordered the white vinyl for giggles. The box set looks nice but £60 is a bit steep.

I used to love them back in the 90's... I lost it with them with Kid-A/B... dunno why really but I can no longer listen to OK Computer fully, it just gets too depressing and the production wasn't great. The Bends is still a good album though together with Pablo.

So this for me is a total revisit since OK Computer. I may give King of Limbs a go too..

Anyway, yes, it's slow but the production is magnificent and the songs gel together so well. A lot of work has gone in to this album.

struth
13-05-2016, 14:46

Great... Just ordered the white vinyl for giggles. The box set looks nice but £60 is a bit steep.

I used to love them back in the 90's... I lost it with them with Kid-A/B... dunno why really but I can no longer listen to OK Computer fully, it just gets too depressing and the production wasn't great. The Bends is still a good album though together with Pablo.

So this for me is a total revisit since OK Computer. I may give King of Limbs a go too..

Anyway, yes, it's slow but the production is magnificent and the songs gel together so well. A lot of work has gone in to this album.

Glad your name aint Alice;)

RichB
13-05-2016, 14:49

Please go to 'in rainbows' first before KOL.

It's by far the better album and makes sense when you consider how this album evolved.

Gazjam
13-05-2016, 15:00
In Rainbows is superb.
"Reckoner" will give your speakers a good workout. :)

CageyH
13-05-2016, 18:35
In Rainbows is superb.
"Reckoner" will give your speakers a good workout. :)

Best song on the album I reckon.

RichB
13-05-2016, 19:04
Before that album came out I saw them live and they played a new song. It was 'videotape'. A stadium of people stood in silence and took it on. The song stuck in my head and remains a highlight of in rainbows for me.