PDA

View Full Version : My first step at AoS

eabeemer
02-05-2016, 23:55
Hi everyone,

I had to join this very useful forum. A thread in this forum "opened" my eyes regarding phonocables, yes the thread about the Yannis Tome 423.5 phonocable and the one that Marco described very specifically. I have this cable now and I am witnessing all the good things and the transormation of the sound to what it should sound like. I am in this hobby for more than 30 years and didn't hear this big improvement from only..... a cable. I want to try other goodies like the Klotz mc5000 cable.

Best regards,
Eugene

The Black Adder
03-05-2016, 06:00
Welcome to AOS, Eugene.

Indeed, the Klotz cables are superb. I'm sure you will find AOS very useful.

What kind of system do you have and what kind of music do you listen to?

Regards
Josie :)

Audio Al
03-05-2016, 06:03
Hi and welcome 2 AOS

The HIFI Forum

Enjoy your time here , The more YOU put in the more you get out

Marco
03-05-2016, 07:43
Hi Eugene,

I had to join this very useful forum. A thread in this forum "opened" my eyes regarding phonocables, yes the thread about the Yannis Tome 423.5 phonocable and the one that Marco described very specifically. I have this cable now and I am witnessing all the good things and the transormation of the sound to what it should sound like. I am in this hobby for more than 30 years and didn't hear this big improvement from only..... a cable. I want to try other goodies like the Klotz mc5000 cable.

Welcome to AoS! :)

I'm glad you've found what's been written here useful about the superb Yannis cables. He really is a master of cable design, and as such is able to offer superbly designed cables, using the finest materials, and because he's a small manufacturer, at prices anything remotely comparable with a 'high-end badge' on it, would cost many times more!

I'm sure you'll also enjoy the MC5000s, which offer similarly high 'bang for your buck'. Anyway, enjoy the forum and perhaps post some pictures of your system in our Gallery section, as we love looking at the systems of other enthusiasts on AoS :cool:

Marco.

walpurgis
03-05-2016, 08:49
Hello Eugene. Welcome to AOS from me too.

What equipment do you have in your system and what plans if any do you have for it?

Glad the Yannis cable worked out for you. You will find some very good recommendations here.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

eabeemer
03-05-2016, 14:55
Hello everyone, thanks for the kind words.

My gear:
Source: TT: Technics SL1000 with Dynavector Dv505 arm and Acutex m312str, Lenco L75 in heavy Birch plinth with a Mission arm and Acutex 315str lpm, ; digital: Denon dvd3310, Altmann BYOB Dac, Whest ps30r phonopre and a DIY Tube phonopre with separate ps

Preamps: Tram mk2 DHT and modified Conrad Johnson premier 2; poweramps: Sphinx project 14 and 16, Wolcott Presence mono's and modified Conrad Johnson MV75

Loudspeaker: Apogee Full Range (fully restored), Scintilla and Diva (to be restored)

Cables: Cardas golden reference and cross ic's, KCI silkworms ic's, Yannis Tome 423.5 phonocable with echmann pure harmony and Furutech CF plugs, Siltech power cables, MIT ic's, Reality speakercables, Isotek Orion and Titan mains conditioner

Other hifi bits: VPI 16.5 recordcleaningmachine and Spin record cleaning system