PDA

View Full Version : Newbie!

shaunnjoanne
02-05-2016, 19:29
Hey there am Shaun. Just purchased myself some retro separates to build a system.my music tastes are light rock and definitely the 80's. Had the privilege of seeing Quern when on the kind of magic tour in 86 at Knebworth Park. Just bought a Realistic model 31-9081 graphic equaliser but very unsure of how to connect it to the other separates I purchased .... Can anyone help please ..... A fag packet drawing will do

shaunnjoanne
02-05-2016, 19:42
My other separates are:

Rotel Amp model RA 820 AX
Denon Tuner model TU 215 RD
Technics CD player model SL PJ26A

If anyone can advise how to connect these up with a Realistic model 31-9081 Graphic equaliser I would appreciate it.... Just a schematic will suffice

struth
02-05-2016, 19:47
Hi Shaun. Welcome to AoS. Sure if you ask in blank Canvas that question, someone will help you out. Long time since Ive used one, and there will be more than one way to skin a cat.

shaunnjoanne
02-05-2016, 19:54
How do I do that?. Am new to this forum so am not sure the navigation yet

struth
02-05-2016, 19:57
from home menu. select Black Canvas then thread tools at top and new thread. enjoy :)

shaunnjoanne
02-05-2016, 20:02
Tried that...... It won't let me for some reason saying I have unauthorised access to this area

struth
02-05-2016, 20:09
it should work on Blank canvas now you have made your intro post... if it doesnt sort its self out then contact Marco via pm.

as for the Equalizer, If you want it to work with all your separates then I think you would need to use it in the tape position.... only a thought as I cant remember now and it can depend on system. If it has multiple inputs then disregard that

shaunnjoanne
02-05-2016, 20:14
All research points to that however I could do with a schematic for all 4 separates so if you know anyone that can advise... I would appreciate it

Light Dependant Resistor
02-05-2016, 21:04
Hi
As Grant has said such a device is normally inserted in the tape In and tape out section of your amplifier
The schematic for the Realistic infers it is properly placed between pre amp out and main amplifier
and further extension to tape players which are these days any such device with recording capability
like minidisc or other formats is also catered for. Indeed sockets on the rear of the Realistic unit
labelled Main In and Main Out support placement between pre amp out and main amp in.

Sadly though your Rotel lacks separation of its Preamp and main amp sections.
making the Realistic unit not viable. You could cheat it though by connecting your
source ie CD player or other to Main In, and then Main Out to the Auxiliary Input on your Rotel.
You will then hear whatever noises and probably distortions the Realistic is capable of.

Cheers / Chris

Audio Al
03-05-2016, 06:04
Hi and welcome 2 AOS

The HIFI Forum

Enjoy your time here , The more YOU put in the more you get out

walpurgis
03-05-2016, 08:36
Hi Shaun. Welcome to AOS from me too.

Tell us what music you listen to and what speakers you use with the rest of your system.

As for connecting an equaliser, you may (or may not :)) find the Rotel user manual handy. There is a download here: http://www.manualslib.com/manual/142442/Rotel-Ra-820.html

You should bear in mind that an equaliser does not improve sound, it just alters it.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.