PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Fleetwood, Lancs

Damo
02-05-2016, 19:20
Hi guys,

Registered a while back but only needing to post now.

Expect a MiniDisc (I know) question shortly.

walpurgis
02-05-2016, 19:28
Welcome to AOS Damian.

Tell us about the music you listen to and about the system you use.

Nothing wrong with using a MiniDisc player/recorder. I'm very fond of mine. It sounds great.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Damo
02-05-2016, 19:53
Hi,

My main system comprises (from an audio point of view) of an Arcam AVR750, ARCAM UDP411 and KEF R500, R600c and R100 rear speakers and BK Electronics XLS200DF sub.

Have had a lot of Sony and Arcam kit over the last 10 years but at its best now.

Dug out my Sony MZ-R30 minidisc recorder of 19 years old. Still boxed and mint. Going to use it for recording comedy gigs now (with permission) but having issues with digital dubs from CD. Using the official Sony mini optical to optical lead but it just won't put track markers on at the same point as the CDs. It definately used to but this was with differentkit but tried it on the Arcam, my PS3 and a basic Sony BDP player via a coaxial to optical converter. It either put no markers on or randomly does them.

Any ideas? Could the cable be at fault or is it the recorder? I use the Synchro Rec mode but is that the fault?

Been looking at 2 new old stock MD full size decks but don't want the same issues

struth
02-05-2016, 20:05
Slide SYNCHRO REC to ON. "SYNC" appears in the display.
Slide REC to the right while pressing its button. The recorder stands by for recording. Play the source sound. The recorder starts recording when it receives the playing sound.

To stop recording, press.

Hi Damien. Welcome to AoS... here is the basic Sync way of doing it
:eyebrows:

When there is no sound from the layer more than 3 seconds during synchro-recording, the recorder stands by for recording automatically. When the sound comes from the player again, the recorder starts synchro-recording again.

Notes

Do not switch SYNCHRO REC after step 2. Recording may not be made properly.

Damo
02-05-2016, 20:11
Thanks.

That method, depending on player, either creates 1 entire track or random track points over a disc. I swear it just used to work 😕

walpurgis
03-05-2016, 08:52
Damian. Why not start a thread in the Digital Expressions area and outline the MiniDisc situation? I'm sure you'll get answers.