PDA

View Full Version : Any feedback on the Kraftwerk Catalogue ?

Themis
12-11-2009, 19:32
Has anyone listened to this : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Catalogue-Kraftwerk/dp/B002LCOQTG

Is it worth the price ?

Thank you for your advise. ;)

Peter Galbavy
13-11-2009, 09:18
No, but now you've pointed me at it, I am off to buy :)

I didn't realise the remasters were this close.

Peter Galbavy
18-11-2009, 12:05
Well, the UK version arrived yesterday and the packaging is lovely. Full 12" box-set style, with the 8 CDs in double cardboard sleeves held in a foam panel in the base. Above that is a very solid cardboard sleeve containing the paperwork, which I have not yet looked at.

I had a very short listen to the first 30 mins or so of Autobahn but not really concentrating. Will post more later.

Themis
18-11-2009, 12:23
Very nice. :)
I'm curious to know your opinion.

Rare Bird
18-11-2009, 17:12
This is all you need, anything there after is inferior IMHO. Gotta admit the second disc of the one on the right is a bit tripe.

:sofa:

Marco
18-11-2009, 23:18
*Cough*, bullshit.... ;)

Kraftwerk are awesome, start to finish. I have everything by them either on vinyl or CD. I've seen them live a few times, too. Awesome! :gig:

Marco.

Rare Bird
19-11-2009, 00:43
I've seen them live a few times, too. Awesome! :gig:

Marco.

Um so when was this ? ;) I've seen em once & it was one single date in the 90's no other dates in UK

Marco
19-11-2009, 00:51
I seen them play in Manchester during part of their 'Minimum Maximum' tour in 2004, and also in Germany at a very small venue sometime in the early 90s, can't remember exactly when.

They're fantastic live; I have the Minimum Maximum box set on vinyl, which features all the tracks from the tour, and not only is the music fab, they're amongst the best sounding recordings I own on vinyl :cool:

Thing is though, music is a very personal thing, so one man's "tripe" is another's 'totally awseome', and that's the way it should be.

Marco.

Rare Bird
19-11-2009, 08:57
Trying to catch you out there hoping you were gonna say UK before 2002 ;)

I saw them play their only UK date in the 90's .Was at leicester University, it was broadcast on BBC Radio one simultaniously

Peter Galbavy
19-11-2009, 09:45
Well, tried to listen to Man-Machine last night but got interrupted bya phone call. Quick impressions is that there is lots more at the low end than previous versions, but not overbearing. It's been "done right" IMHO.

I want more time to listen to music! :-)

Marco
19-11-2009, 11:59
Trying to catch you out there hoping you were gonna say UK before 2002 ;)

LOL - what are you like? I'm not a liar, and so don't bullshit for the sake of it :)

I saw them play their only UK date in the 90's .Was at leicester University, it was broadcast on BBC Radio one simultaniously

Nice one; I'd like to have seen that :cool:

Marco.

Rare Bird
19-11-2009, 12:21
LOL - what are you like? I'm not a liar, and so don't bullshit for the sake of it :)

:ner:

Themis
19-11-2009, 14:23
Well, tried to listen to Man-Machine last night but got interrupted bya phone call. Quick impressions is that there is lots more at the low end than previous versions, but not overbearing. It's been "done right" IMHO.

I want more time to listen to music! :-)
That's very good news, Peter !

Your opinion on the quality of the recording is important to me, as it's one of my main concerns, too. I'll patiently wait a few days, hoping that you'll find the time to listen to it more. :)