PDA

View Full Version : FS: My Sony PS-6750 Turntable - Excellent condition

Idlewithnodrive
25-04-2016, 13:25
Up for sale is my rather nice condition Sony PS-6750 TT

The only negatives are a cracked / repaired lid (not the greatest cosmetic job but OK), which still works perfectly and a small mark where the lid rests on the TT right front top, which can be seen in the second pic.

Apart from that, all is well and working 100% correctly.

Will come complete with the original oil filled mat (the best mat I have heard on the deck), the original Sony headshell (with a very good condition, couple of hundred hours tops, DL-160 cart) and an additional ADC magnesium headshell.

I also have the original box, but I won't be trusting this TT to a courier, so it will need to be picked up from Luton (J10, M1) or Reading (during the day).

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac143/TheMJMan/CIMG5015_zpswcf25vo5.jpg

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac143/TheMJMan/CIMG5005_zps72743476.jpg

I am looking for £375 all in for the package, £325 without the cartridge, which is a very reasonable price, as I can't think of a better performing TT for the money.

Thanks for looking folks.

Roy S
25-04-2016, 13:36
Good turntable (I've got one) at a very good price. What are you replacing it with Mike? GLWTS

Idlewithnodrive
25-04-2016, 13:42
Don't know to be honest Roy. I'm sort of losing interest in the h-fi journey thing.

I've got a couple of other adequate TT's here, so going to thin down the kit and buy a shed load of music for now methinks.

struth
25-04-2016, 14:00
Sometimes its no bad thing... Very much what i did...lovely tt by way.

StanleyB
25-04-2016, 14:26
I lost the original mat on mine, but a brilliant TT all the same. Built like a tank, with a weight to match! Did you know that the lid is made of a special material that repels dust? A steal at the price.

Idlewithnodrive
25-04-2016, 14:28
@ Grant.

I've spent a week or so swapping TT's in and out and never really reaching a conclusion. One always does something slightly worse or slightly better than the others.

I am slowly becoming honest with myself and admitting that I no longer hear the frequency extremes as well as I used to to 10 years ago, so the differences are becoming less and less pronounced.

With that in mind, it's probably time to move on the best decks to those who can easily hear the differences :( and settle for something that does a decent job to these ears.

@ Stan. Thanks for the praise and yes, the lid really does keep away the dreaded dust.