PDA

View Full Version : New member from Northumberland

Sparkandjump70
23-04-2016, 10:12
Hello to all on the forum from me, David Sharp.

I am new to this and forums in general but hi fi and music is very important to me. It has healing powers.

About me... forty-five, I'm a family man. Used to work as a graphic artist, guitar builder, carer. Now I clean part-time and starting to study part-time.

Gear wize... loved the sound of hi-fi since and early age and alwayz facinated by the glowing tuners and meters on silver and black facias. I got my first system proper in 1990: a Rotel 820AX amp, Tannoy E11 speakers, Supra cable, then Audioquest Type2 bi-wire cable, Thorens TD 166 MKVII turntable with Rega 250 arm, Rotel 865 CD players, Aiwa cassette deck (now dead) and a Technics TU-Z1 tuner.

All my gear is well looked after. I am now starting to build a system about my age. Currently musing over Armstrong amps, Wharfdale battered and blue speakers, Thorens TD150/SME for vinyl, and a tuner full of charm wired to the airwaves. Although not a gear head, I get a lot of enjoyment from what I have and like nothing better than discussing improvements and options.

Dave

RichB
23-04-2016, 10:31
Hello and welcome to AoS from down the road in Gateshead.

There's a reasonable North East contingent on here and we get together every so often. You may be interested in this... http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?42467-NEBO-7

Anyway tell us what music you enjoy. We also like to see pics of kit so be sure to start a thread in the gallery section.

All the best

Rich

walpurgis
23-04-2016, 10:47
Hi David. Welcome to AOS.

Putting a vintage system together is fun. I do like the TD150, having owned a few.

You could start a thread in the Past Masters section and discuss equipment options.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Spectral Morn
23-04-2016, 10:56
Welcome to AoS

Arkless Electronics
23-04-2016, 13:43
Welcome from a fellow TD150 owner in Bedlington :)

Sparkandjump70
23-04-2016, 17:32
Thanks to all. Nice to be welcomed in. I'll get some pics on soon. Just decorating at the moment. And just got myself an Armstrong 421 on Ebay. Can't wait to give it a blast. Happy to meet up with anyone in the area. Dave

Floyddroid
23-04-2016, 17:47
A big welcome David. What a marvellous collection of odds n sods you have there. What kind of music are you into? Be great to see some piccies in the gallery. Good to see another North East member.

vinyljunky
23-04-2016, 19:57
Welcome Dave I love vintage kit too nice to see a new north east member maybe they'll start to call us the north east mafia soon anyhow try to get to nebo7 it's always a blast at the Nebo's Steve organises a fantastic event and he's a brilliant guy to boot:D

Sparkandjump70
23-04-2016, 22:03
Hi guys. I'm just getting used to the forum. Bit snow blind! I'm into Led Zep, Purple, Rainbow, Eagles, Early Ultravox, Stevie Ray, Cooder, Miles Davis, but mostly classical at the moment. Vivaldi woodwind concertos at the moment. Oh, and Suzanne Vega - my writing inspiration. JUST SNAGGED AN ARMSTRONG 421 AMP. Can't wait to give some electricity.

Sparkandjump70
23-04-2016, 22:17
I will look at that event. Sounds canny. Nice friendly atmosphere here on the forum. Like it.

walpurgis
23-04-2016, 22:30
I will look at that event. Sounds canny. Nice friendly atmosphere here on the forum. Like it.

We make an effort to keep things friendly and (moderately) sensible here David. Hope you enjoy participating :).