PDA

View Full Version : More back sides please

ReggieB
22-04-2016, 17:35
A general point - if I'm interested in buying some hi-fi, one of things I want to see is what's around the back. That is, show me the connections.

Sure the front is important as I like having something that looks nice in my listening room and lounge, but I need to connect it to the rest of my kit and I'll do that via the connections at the back. I want to see what inputs and output are available.

So please - if you're posting photos of kit you want to sell, please think of me, and include a back side shot.

sumday
22-04-2016, 18:43
i am shocked and saddened that nobody has taken the bait on this one!!!

sadly it cannot be me as i keep my ahem, backside shots on a seperate memory card....in a box...on top of the wardrobe.

NIGE.

Wilbur
22-04-2016, 20:47
1 Output
:eyebrows:

trio leo
22-04-2016, 23:30
Boy, is this asking for trouble LOL :)

mac72
23-04-2016, 06:09
A general point - if I'm interested in buying some hi-fi, one of things I want to see is what's around the back. That is, show me the connections.

Sure the front is important as I like having something that looks nice in my listening room and lounge, but I need to connect it to the rest of my kit and I'll do that via the connections at the back. I want to see what inputs and output are available.

So please - if you're posting photos of kit you want to sell, please think of me, and include a back side shot.

What's wrong with google , pictures are to show general state of item .

ReggieB
23-04-2016, 06:38

So you think the state of the connections isn't important?

mac72
23-04-2016, 06:56
You didn't ask about state of connections but what kind of connections are present , if you follow this path you start asking about photos of inside next.

mac72
23-04-2016, 07:11
My point is why to put more trash into the bin internet became over the time , if you want to buy something ask about more detailed pictures sent to your e-mail.
Photos in exhibition is just to prove is not stolen from someone else and show as mentioned before general condition .
With regrads
Slav

ReggieB
23-04-2016, 10:03
It's not just which connections, but how they are arranged and what condition they are in. Things like loudspeaker terminals can vary a lot. I'm just amazed how often someone selling kit will have four or five photos and not include one of the back.

RobbieGong
23-04-2016, 10:16
I do get your point Rob. For instance my vintage Sansui AU 919 comes with either flimsy spring clip type speaker connectors or the typical Japanese screw tight for bare wire. Obviously the only way to know if not in the description is a shot of the rear ;)

mac72
23-04-2016, 10:19
It's not just which connections, but how they are arranged and what condition they are in. Things like loudspeaker terminals can vary a lot. I'm just amazed how often someone selling kit will have four or five photos and not include one of the back.

I'm not a big box swapper , I normally try to find kit of my interest at the dealers so I can actually see it and borrow for a home demo , hence different perspective I look at this .
Regards
Slav

jollyfix
23-04-2016, 10:27
Yes ,but i would like to see the state of the back of the amp. I just don't understand why take photos of the front and sides ,but not the back.

mac72
23-04-2016, 10:35
I do get your point Rob. For instance my vintage Sansui AU 919 comes with either flimsy spring clip type speaker connectors or the typical Japanese screw tight for bare wire. Obviously the only way to know if not in the description is a shot of the rear ;)

your answer is one PM , e-mail, etc.. away from you ;)

mac72
23-04-2016, 10:39
Yes ,but i would like to see the state of the back of the amp. I just don't understand why take photos of the front and sides ,but not the back.

RCA are normally gold plated , speaker terminals as well , they deteriorate over the time as everything and you gonna need close caption to actually see it - means more photos , why not ask for what you want personally - million people , million needs . I would love to see the bottom:) next thread incoming

Spectral Morn
23-04-2016, 11:14
I do tend to agree that front, top, sides and back photos of the item is the ideal with close ups of any cosmetic issues.

The number of for sale posts posted with no photos smacks of a lazy mindset, and inadequate ones only marginally better.

The success or failure often of a for sale ad rests with the quality of the ad, information, photos etc. Laziness in this or a not really fussed attitude, does to my mind anyway, raise questions re how well the item was looked after.

AoS does try hard to encourage, require, quality ads in the for sale section for the benefit of the seller as much as the buyer, but it never fails to amaze me the attitude displayed about this, the delete the ad I can't be bothered type of response when folks are pulled re lack of photos. How many would just buy an item not having seen anything about it, I know I wouldn't. At times it really does seem the seller doesn't want to get a sale at all as the ad works against that happening, or makes it harder.

RobbieGong
23-04-2016, 11:42
your answer is one PM , e-mail, etc.. away from you ;)

Thanks for that revelation ! :) Point is, why create unnecessary layers in the process for any potential buyer ???? Include a pic of the rear, job done, it really isnt difficult or rocket science, and is of benefit..... hello !! :rolleyes:

ReggieB
23-04-2016, 12:00
Include a pic of the rear, job done
:clapclapclap:

HackneyRF
23-04-2016, 13:54
RCA are normally gold plated , speaker terminals as well , they deteriorate over the time as everything and you gonna need close caption to actually see it - means more photos , why not ask for what you want personally - million people , million needs . I would love to see the bottom:) next thread incoming

I would say seeing the inputs/outputs at the back is more than just looking at the condition. As a buyer i'd like to see what i can plug into an amplifier for example, and how it fits into my existing set up. It's not much to ask for one extra photo and who knows it might be the sale clincher!

jollyfix
23-04-2016, 14:24
front, top, sides and back photos of the item is the ideal with close ups of any cosmetic issues.

The number of for sale posts posted with no photos smacks of a lazy mindset, and inadequate ones only marginally better.

The success or failure often of a for sale ad rests with the quality of the ad, information, photos etc.

Hit the nail on the head for me Neil.:thumbsup:

jollyfix
23-04-2016, 14:27
It's not much to ask for one extra photo and who knows it might be the sale clincher!
Spot on...

walpurgis
23-04-2016, 14:31
Just think from the point of view of the potential buyer and all becomes clear.

mac72
23-04-2016, 15:03
Thanks for that revelation ! :) Point is, why create unnecessary layers in the process for any potential buyer ???? Include a pic of the rear, job done, it really isnt difficult or rocket science, and is of benefit..... hello !! :rolleyes:

Normally when I decide to buy bit of equipment I roughly know what I am going to buy , how ? Going to dealers , listening to it , reading reviews so I have fairly good idea what is at the back , if you rely on impulse buying then yes you need photos of each side .
Another point is , do you pay asking price straight away or do you negotiate , how you do it telepathically ? At some point you contact Seller whats the problem to ask for more pics then?
What next 360 photo shots of tires when buying car?

walpurgis
23-04-2016, 15:11
Not sure what you're saying. Is it that you don't want to see photos of what is offered?

Clothears
23-04-2016, 15:29
Good gracious, 3 pages for what was a fairly simple request for an extra snap from the OP!

If you've gone to the trouble of taking 5 or 6 pictures of the front and side, where's the harm or hassle in just adding one more of the rear? It's hardly a big debating point really.

mac72
23-04-2016, 15:35
Good gracious, 3 pages for what was a fairly simple request for an extra snap from the OP!

If you've gone to the trouble of taking 5 or 6 pictures of the front and side, where's the harm or hassle in just adding one more of the rear? It's hardly a big debating point really.

OK point taken , over and out

jollyfix
23-04-2016, 15:37
:exactly: Dave

09mike69
23-04-2016, 17:55

yes pics of the back are important and can tell a lot about the quality of an amp,ie, pre outs, phono stage etc, especially if its not a model your familiar with.

Marco
23-04-2016, 20:08
AoS does try hard to encourage, require, quality ads in the for sale section for the benefit of the seller as much as the buyer, but it never fails to amaze me the attitude displayed about this, the delete the ad I can't be bothered type of response when folks are pulled re lack of photos. How many would just buy an item not having seen anything about it, I know I wouldn't. At times it really does seem the seller doesn't want to get a sale at all as the ad works against that happening, or makes it harder.

Yes indeed (on all counts)! We clamp down heavily here on the lazy arses who can't be bothered getting their fooking cameras out :guns:

Honestly, it's ridiculous... The vast majority of folk are fine with it, and realise how important good pictures are in helping equipment being sold, and also how much it adds to the impact and professionalism of the classifieds section, but you get a few arsewipes who put in minimum effort and expect maximum return! :rolleyes:

Thankfully, this is one of the most successful and fastest moving sections of the forum (and indeed of most forums), so we're not exactly short of people who choose AoS to advertise their kit, and that's *precisely* because we're strict in maintaining the highest standards - and that will remain so.

And yes, you can't beat a nice shot of a peachy rear, so bring it on!! :eyebrows:

Marco.

Joe
23-04-2016, 20:51
Yes indeed (on all counts)! We clamp down heavily here on the lazy arses who can't be bothered getting their fooking camera out :guns:

Honestly, it's ridiculous... The vast majority of folk are fine with it, and realise how important good pictures are in helping equipment being sold, and also how much it adds to the impact and professionalism of the classifieds section, but you get a few arsewipes who put in minimum effort and expect maximum return! :rolleyes:

I say long live the free-thinkers and non-conformists meself.

Marco
23-04-2016, 21:04
:lolsign:

Marco.