PDA

View Full Version : Well..aint this a pisser.

Gazjam
20-04-2016, 17:36
Preordered this LP in March, received it today.
Double LP remaster of the Terminator soundtrack.

Opened it up, split the shrinkwrap and I got this:
http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq61/gazjamster/LPs/1.jpg

Two of the same albums..packed wrong in the factory before shrinkwrapping! :doh:
Ordered from the States, shipped via Switzerland, worra feckin nightmare this is gonna be getting a replacement!

Thats better, feel better after a rant!

The Black Adder
20-04-2016, 17:43
Bugger... I was going to say to check the LP's as sometimes they stamp the wrong labels on but I can see it's the same record by looking at the tracks.

Hope you get it sorted.

Gazjam
21-04-2016, 08:29
Thanks Josie,
Sure it will be, just need to let it run its course.

Limited run and showing out of stock, be interesting to see how it plays out.
Emailed the Seller with photos, so see how it goes.

Ah well, theres always the cd! :)

Marco
21-04-2016, 08:36
Nightmare, mate... Someone needs their botty royally spanked for that! :spank:

The other thing I've often found, and don't know if you agree, is that coloured vinyl sounds shit, or generally rarely as good as the ordinary black stuff, and I've no idea why that is, which is why (cool looking sometimes aside), I avoid it.

Marco.

Gazjam
21-04-2016, 08:44
I know mate, a Friday afternoon job I think...
Wouldn't say shit exactly, but always try to avoid coloured vinyl if I can, black stuff sounds better to me too.

Only way to get the album though, so coloured it is.

Nightmare, mate... Someone needs their botty royally spanked for that! :spank:

The other thing I've often found, and don't know if you agree, is that coloured vinyl sounds shit, or generally rarely as good as the ordinary black stuff, and I've no idea why that is, which is why (cool looking sometimes aside), I avoid it.

Marco.

The Black Adder
21-04-2016, 08:50
yup, coloured stuff is generally poorer than black. The worst one I had sounded like an old 78, harsh and nasty. YUK! Some are ok, but it seems like a gimmick to sell coloured ones as limited runs.

Bit of a bigger that there is not black version... they normally do both.

Simon_LDT
21-04-2016, 10:43
Hmmm, in my experience coloured vinyl sounds just as good as black. I've got quite a lot of coloured vinyl that sounds superb and in some instances some of the quietest vinyl I own (I've got a good amount of Porcupine Tree vinyl on coloured LP, pressed by Record Industry in Holland and duplicate copies on black and there are no sound quality issues on either, plus they sound identical). I honestly think it's a myth about coloured vinyl sounding poor. Pictures discs for sure, but not coloured. I think it comes down to pressing quality and pot luck. I've got lots of black vinyl which is noisy as hell, yet lots are super quiet.

Anyhow, back on topic - it really shouldn't be an issue for the record label/distributor to send you just the correct LP carefully packaged in a sleeve with stiffeners either side. They should have spares available for this very reason. I've had this kind of service before from some labels/retailers but understand not all will do something like this. I'm not a fan of sending back the whole thing for a replacement if the issue is only on 1LP of a set. It's why I like amazon's policy for returns because I can mix/match before sending a duffer back. I've had problems before with certain LP's where I've had to send the whole thing back first, wait for a replacement and then a week or so later another duffer arrives, sometimes usually a problem with the other LP instead. It can be a real nightmare at times buying records.

Gazjam
21-04-2016, 11:58
Thanks Simon, good post.
Yeah, been stung a couple of times buying vinyl but hey, c'est la vie.

Good news actually, the supplier is sending out a replacement copy.
Posted it the same day I alerted them to the problem, which is great service I'd say.

If it happens again hopefully I'd get the one with the OTHER two similar LPs. :D

CageyH
21-04-2016, 15:40
Black vinyl is coloured with a pigment to make it black. ;)

struth
21-04-2016, 15:46
Coloured vinyls, like chalks, are the work of the devil..Beelzebub can play all but black and clear.

daytona600
22-04-2016, 19:46
Carbon Black same stuff as used in car tyres is added to make Vinyl black
Coloured Vinyl has Oxide pigments added , All serious record labels are 100% black only

Colours do have higher surface noise & very hard to spot pressing faults