PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Sixty2

Sixty2
20-04-2016, 15:08
Hi Everyone,

I've been into music and HIFI for the past 40 years. As many of us will have done, I started out with owning and enjoying HiFi made by some really great British companies throughout the Seventies and Eighties. During the last 20 years, I've had the privilege of owning some superb valve based systems, Audio Note/Shindo. Hit a 'sticky patch' a few years ago and unfortunately, the expensive stuff had to be sold. That's life!

I'm now on the 'up' again, and am looking to claw my way back up to a more esoteric valve based system. Auditorium 23 speaker cables and IC's have been a constant in all my systems over the years - they sound fab! I currently use home made Horns which are OK I guess, though hoping to upgrade my whole system (other than cables) in the not too distant future. Hope is a great thing.

Music wise, I have a broad taste, though predominantly listen to a lot of American Artists. I definitely need to invest in some new music! I mainly use CD though have a turn table which is currently in mothballs.

I have been an Artist (Printmaker) all my life and have taught at my local Art School for the past 16 years. Also spent 5 years as a professional brewer, when I was 'everybodies' friend!! I spend most of my leisure time with my family and 4 grandchildren. Makes life busy but is great fun. Owned a few Ducati's in my time as well. When I get a minute, I read avidly. I am very much looking forward to participating here on AOS. Cheers!!

Sixty2

struth
20-04-2016, 15:21
Hello and welcome to aos. Think you may be our first brewer Liked making and drinking the stuff myself. The latter professionally. Lol
If we can help we will

Cheers g

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trio leo
20-04-2016, 17:30
Hi Mark,
Welcome to the AoS from me, glad to see you're getting the bug again, I'm sure you'll find lots of interesting posts on this friendly forum.

Enjoy your music :)

cheers Al

walpurgis
20-04-2016, 20:59
Hello Mark. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us more about the equipment you're using at the moment and what you are aiming to have as a system.

We have a few bikers here. I've given up, but you'll be in good company. There is a car & bike thread by the way.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Sixty2
21-04-2016, 06:04
Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the warm welcome folks!

Simple system really. Currently using a Marantz CD player, fantastic for the money. Amp is a lovely Trafomatic 300B integrated which I will be selling soon on here, so as I can upgrade to Audio Note 300B power amp/passive pre. Speakers are home made Horns, about the same size as Impulse H2's. For a domestically friendly Horn, these go the lowest I think I've heard anywhere. On a good day, I'm quite happy with the presentation, but want to upgrade never the less. Cheers.

Sixty2.

Marco
21-04-2016, 07:58
Hi Mark,

Welcome to AoS. Glad you got here in the end! Hope that you stick around and enjoy yourself :cool:

Marco.

Andy831
21-04-2016, 07:58
Hiya Mark

Good to see you here mate.

Andy

Sixty2
22-04-2016, 07:55
Hiya Mark

Good to see you here mate.

Andy

Ah, Hi Andy,