PDA

View Full Version : Wtd: nice cassette deck - Nakamichi or similar

RichB
16-04-2016, 14:12
My sister is an unreformed tape head, she still loves playing her collection of 90s DJ mixes and dub. My niece also enjoys listening to her mums collection of children's storybook tapes on the old Sony deck they had.

I've been informed today the deck has broken, sounds serious as it's rewinding and forwarding instead of playing. Problem is we don't get to see each other often so instead of me trying to get round to take a look, does anybody have a nice working deck they'd be willing to move on. Budget £80-100 for something good.

I regret moving on the nakamichi cr3e I had now.

rodgerdodger15
16-04-2016, 21:29
While tidying up a bit in the garage the other day I discovered a very nice cassette deck that I didn't even know I still had. It was well boxed and is in excellent cosmetic condition.

It's black and it is a Sony TC-K611S. The logo on the front says it has 3 heads and a 3 motors transport system. Obviously if you are interested I would have to check it's all working.

There seems to be quite a lot about it on the internet. I believe it was about £300 when I bought it. I'd sell it for £90 including courier delivery (probably Parcel Force as I trust them more than most).

Audio Al
16-04-2016, 22:25
Hi Rich
I have one you can have for free , Just cover the p@p :)

RichB
17-04-2016, 00:44
Cheers Al, that's a generous offer and there'd be a beer in it for you at some point. Sure I'd cover p&p.

Drop me a message pls to let me know what it costs.

Audio Al
17-04-2016, 02:28
Cheers Al, that's a generous offer and there'd be a beer in it for you at some point. Sure I'd cover p&p.

Drop me a message pls to let me know what it costs.

OK will do , will test it and make sure it works :)

Audio Al
17-04-2016, 14:07
Just dug it out of my storage and its working , currently playing Al Green :eyebrows:
Its a Sony TC-WE475 dual cassette machine so you friend can even make copies for friends and family
i will leave it to you to clean it up and do some dusting , its not mint but its free :D
Will need the heads cleaning with some isopropanol and if in constant use maybe a set of belts , but as I say its working now and the speed sounds fine on both tape transports

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/bigboobs/IMG_3397.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bigboobs/media/IMG_3397.jpg.html)

I will sort out a box and get it packed if you can pm me you address Ill get it sent

Strange this is I noticed something behind the door on the left hand transport opened the door and tipped the player upside down and out fell a half smoked dog end :scratch: strange people who hide thing in unexpected places :) Its not mine as i packed up 32 years ago

struth
17-04-2016, 14:41
Just dug it out of my storage and its working , currently playing Al Green :eyebrows:
Its a Sony TC-WE475 dual cassette machine so you friend can even make copies for friends and family
i will leave it to you to clean it up and do some dusting , its not mint but its free :D
Will need the heads cleaning with some isopropanol and if in constant use maybe a set of belts , but as I say its working now and the speed sounds fine on both tape transports

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/bigboobs/IMG_3397.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bigboobs/media/IMG_3397.jpg.html)

I will sort out a box and get it packed if you can pm me you address Ill get it sent

Strange this is I noticed something behind the door on the left hand transport opened the door and tipped the player upside down and out fell a half smoked dog end :scratch: strange people who hide thing in unexpected places :) Its not mine as i packed up 32 years ago

It winny work without that:D

Audio Al
17-04-2016, 14:46
It winny work without that:D

Maybe it was trying to be a Drag on :eyebrows:

struth
17-04-2016, 14:50
Maybe it was trying to be a Drag on :eyebrows:

Something to do with the CAPSTAN motor ;)

fellow1057
18-04-2016, 08:00
Hi Rich

I have a Nakamichi CR-5E that I am currently advertising at £295 plus postage on 'Hififorsale'

Regards David

RichB
18-04-2016, 14:54
Thanks for the offers guys, hilariously I got Al confused with someone else who may have got a shock when I only offered to send them the postage for the rather nice deck they were selling.

I apologise to them for any confusion. :lol::doh: