PDA

View Full Version : Hi to all

The Chronicals
14-04-2016, 20:53
Saying hello, new member officially, but a lurker for a long time, lots of great info and discussion here, steered me some good directions when putting all of mine together :)

Current System is

- Peachtree Audio Nova 125
- Q Acoustics Concept 40
- Yamaha CD301
- Icon Audio PS1.2
- Pro-Ject RPM6 with 9CC Arm
- Nagaoka MP500
- Tellurium Black Speaker Cable
- Mogami Interconnects

Hoping this isn't a cable nazi forum like an other one that shall not be named ! :)

On the look out for an upgrade to a Gyrodec...

Music wise - Acoustic/Singer Songwriter/Americana/Country, Springsteen, Gaslight Anthem, but a 90's grunge kid at heart

struth
14-04-2016, 20:56
Welcome Michael. Some nice; nay, terrific stuff youve amassed there.. hope youe enjoy the forum, and we have very few anti cable folk here.;)

The Chronicals
14-04-2016, 20:58
Welcome Michael. Some nice; nay, terrific stuff youve amassed there.. hope youe enjoy the forum, and we have very few anti cable folk here.;)

Well thats a relief! :)

Yes, its quite a nice system, mostly all second hand due to the extreme costs this enjoyment entails!, but its come together nicely. I started out a year ago with a Marantz 6005 and Concept 20's, and it went from there really!

struth
14-04-2016, 21:01
I had some 2020i's onece, and farcied the concepts but the stands were pricey at time so setled on the others... they are excellent speakers and my brother now owns them.

The Chronicals
14-04-2016, 21:07
I had some 2020i's onece, and farcied the concepts but the stands were pricey at time so setled on the others... they are excellent speakers and my brother now owns them.

I did like the 2020's, there was definitely pro's and con's of them both, I found the stands were definitely needed for the Concept 20's they did lift the sound hugely, but ultimately I found myself constantly moving them to get a good sound for each LP especially in terms of the bass reproduction...then I bought the 40's floorstanders and never needed to move them since. Lovely speakers and unlike much in hifi, fairly priced :)

walpurgis
14-04-2016, 21:35
Hi Michael. Welcome to AOS.

Nice collection of equipment you have there.

A Gyrodeck would be rather good. If you have any plans for other system changes, we'd like to hear about them too.

Don't worry about 'cable nazis', we make an effort to ensure things stay friendly and (reasonably) sensible.

Enjoy yourself here,
Geoff.

The Chronicals
14-04-2016, 21:44
Hi Michael. Welcome to AOS.

Nice collection of equipment you have there.

A Gyrodeck would be rather good. If you have any plans for other system changes, we'd like to hear about them too.

Don't worry about 'cable nazis', we make an effort to ensure things stay friendly and (reasonably) sensible.

Enjoy yourself here,
Geoff.

Thanks Geoff. There is definitely some tweaks I want to make...been considering going all valve at some point, but as I listen to vinyl most I did want to try out a new higher range turntable (if I can get an affordable used one). For me its all about experience really, trying things, moving them on if they dont work to my likings. This is my fourth turntable! Genie, RPM4, RPM5...(I actually found the Genie the best out of those).

It was this forum that I used ion my research that I ended up with a lovely pairing of a Heed Quasar phonostage and Nagaoka MP500 - lovely combination. My dad now owns them both :)

I'm a cable believer :)