PDA

View Full Version : Hello world

blue-eyed son
12-04-2016, 06:26
Hi AoS,

after some years without proper hi-fi (and permanent address), I started new journey about two years ago. We bought a stack of Ikea Kallax units so I could move my LP records, I was lucky enough to be able to buy the turntable of my teenage and post-teenage dreams, very nice, immaculate, almost new walnut Sondek with Roksan Nima. Naim 42.5-110 followed together with Spendor S3/5. Since then I've moved to 72-140, DV P-75 II and Harbeth P3ESR. I want my system to be punchy with great boogie factor.
Now I only have to find my perfect cart, I think this will be AT33PTG/II or AT-ART9, hook up a CD-player and add a modern DAC. Then hopefully I can forget about the technical part of this hobby, sit back and enjoy for next 15 years.

paulf-2007
12-04-2016, 07:53
now there's a sensible approach, get a nice set up and enjoy. If only I could stop messing with mine. Welcome

walpurgis
12-04-2016, 08:57
Hello Uros. Welcome to AOS.

Looks like you're having fun setting your system up.

Tell us what music you listen to and what future plans you have for your Hi-Fi.

We'd like to hear how you get on with your new cartridge once you get it.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

blue-eyed son
12-04-2016, 13:12
Part of my music taste is in my user name:) People especially dear to my heart are Bob Dylan, Neil Young and Joni Mitchell. David Bowie occupies a very special place also. But in general my taste in music is rather eclectic: Led Zep & White Stripes, most of classic rock generation, some prog, ie. ELP & Yes, some punk, a bit of new wave, Sonic Youth a bit of everything really. Not much grunge tho, Pear Jam being exception. And special mention goes to Beck and Thom Yorke.

blue-eyed son
12-04-2016, 13:21
and what future plans you have for your Hi-Fi

I hope to complete the hi-fi circle soon and stop worrying about it. I think DV P75 is good enough and will not need any upgrades (I also have Tirchord Dino, which I will probably sell once I confirm, that I prefer DV with the chosen cart), no crazy amp upgrades, no more boxes (that is, no HiCaps etc.), I may try a Quad 34-306 combo once at the prices they are selling these days. As for speakers, that really is difficult and I don't even want to go there.

walpurgis
12-04-2016, 14:07
I've heard the Quad 306 sounding better with a passive pre-amp than with the 34.

Barry
13-04-2016, 12:15
Welcome to AoS Uros,

The AT33PTG cartridge has a strong following, though I haven't heard one myself. Good luck with your quest: many spend 15 years fussing and fiddling with their system and are yet to be satisfied.

Enjoy the Forum
Barry

Audio Al
13-04-2016, 12:35
Hi and welcome 2 AOS

The HIFI Forum

Enjoy your time here , The more YOU put in the more you get out

vouk
15-04-2016, 10:57
Dober dan Uroš i dobrodošli a AOS.

That looks like a really good system you have there; always been a fan of Harbeth speakers.
Would be great to see some pictures of your gear sometime.
Enjoy your stay!
-j