PDA

View Full Version : I/C Impulse H2's in Oak

hughandella
10-04-2016, 21:19
Due to unforeseen circumstances I need to raise some funds -- it is a reluctant sale as these are the best speakers I have owned ( I'm not saying these are 'better' speakers but they worked better for me than a pair of LV Auditoriums ) I think I have been lucky enough to source a pair of Snell K's as a cheaper replacement ... As funds are important right now they have to be offered but I still want to be fair so I'd be looking at £1,000 region --- collection ( and audition ) is a must as they are big beasts !
Every bit as good as the reviews state --- there is a little bit of paint missing on one speaker but it is completely hidden by the covers and obv has zero impact on sound -- the CEAS bass have been replaced in last 6 months -- if they go, I'll miss them !!
http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t616/Chrismoore50/IMG_2338_zpsja8tdfue.jpghttp://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t616/Chrismoore50/IMG_2339_zpslget0lpj.jpghttp://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t616/Chrismoore50/IMG_2341_zpscotgwpig.jpghttp://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t616/Chrismoore50/IMG_2343_zps46a4xfvl.jpghttp://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t616/Chrismoore50/IMG_2345_zpsdftnhg7g.jpg

If I can sell a lung or several pints of blood sale maybe postponed !!!!

hughandella
10-04-2016, 21:21
camera shake in photo 1 caused by shedding of tears !

Lawrence001
11-04-2016, 10:25
Is this the pair Guildford Audio were selling on the Wam in Feb I was annoyed to have missed them at the time great speakers my friend has a pair.

mikeyb
11-04-2016, 12:19
Hi,

Were both drivers done?

Are they proper replacements ie: exact swap for the originals or are they a close version if that makes sense?

Can they sit right against the wall?

What amp have you been running with them, I have TQ Claymore and looking for good Rock speakers that can do subtle too and these seem well thought of.

Trying to see if I can get these past the boss lol

Thanks,

Mike.

hughandella
11-04-2016, 13:59
Hi,

Were both drivers done?

Are they proper replacements ie: exact swap for the originals or are they a close version if that makes sense?

Can they sit right against the wall?

What amp have you been running with them, I have TQ Claymore and looking for good Rock speakers that can do subtle too and these seem well thought of.

Trying to see if I can get these past the boss lol

Thanks,

Mike.

Hi Mike

They were an exact CEAS replacement by Guildford to my knowledge -- to clarify just the bass drivers were changed -- I actually have the old drivers here which you can have if you want them --- I have run the speakers with 3 different amps, a friend's rather lovely tube amp which sounded sublime --- for my own use I have a Clones 25i and also a prototype high quality T amp with black gates etc ( a project where the designer took the ~T amp as far as he thought possible to see if he thought it was good enough to offer for sale -- he didn't ! --- but it's a blood lovely t amp ) ... the t amp is only about 15 watts ..... both go plenty loud ----- these are easy to drive and not fussy about siting as far as I can see and reviews seem to support this ....... I'll be honest I haven't moved them too much as they are monsters to move but I took advice when they were installed for me and they are 20cm from back wall ..... all meaningful ports are front facing ( there is like a couple of vents at the very top in the rear of speaker but cant see that is for acoustic reasons ) so I dont think even closer to wall would be a problem ....... I'd be v happy to audition them for you -- bring your own amp etc --- i'd be surprised if you weren't bowled over with them -- I was --- as does everyone who seems to come into contact with them. I dont have fancy speaker cable and I haven't removed the copper jumpers os I use just a single run ( they can be tri wired if so minded )
And whilst they are large speakers - most of the mass is in the depth rather than front on and so they don't dominate a room as much as some speakers do ........ but you'll need 2 to lift them and I dont have any boxes unfortunately ----- best speakers I've ever owned and sale is very reluctant ........ once my finances improve I'll look for another pair ..... there are a pair on eBay from a dealer for £1695 and they look in similar condition ---- these are oak though

If you want more photos or specific ones message me and I'll send via email as uploading and posting is rather slow !

cheers

chris

struth
11-04-2016, 14:31
Think theycare a good price. Get a good name

mikeyb
12-04-2016, 13:40
Hi Hugh,

Thanks for the info, just trying to get my head round the 48cm depth and how much my wife would hate that.

I'll keep an eye on them and work on the boss ;)

hughandella
12-04-2016, 17:56
Hi Hugh,

Thanks for the info, just trying to get my head round the 48cm depth and how much my wife would hate that.

I'll keep an eye on them and work on the boss ;)

No worries ---- I'm just listening to them right now ---- Massive Attack sounding incredible ------ still unsure I'm doing the right thing, see someone on another forum is looking for £1200 for his ( and he's a 'forced' seller too ! ...... not much shifting ti seems at moment, maybe its for the best ) ..... anyway back to the music !

hughandella
13-04-2016, 21:48
... I do need to raise funds unfortunately (!);)

Barry
13-04-2016, 23:02
Good luck with the sale. They are very good speakers. A friend of mine has a pair, and are one of the very few horn-loaded speaker systems I can listen to.

hughandella
13-04-2016, 23:31
Good luck with the sale. They are very good speakers. A friend of mine has a pair, and are one of the very few horn-loaded speaker systems I can listen to.

Thanks a lot Barry --- they are really very good --- trying not to pressure Mikey B too much ...... but if heard them he'd want them !

mikeyb
14-04-2016, 07:07
Thanks a lot Barry --- they are really very good --- trying not to pressure Mikey B too much ...... but if heard them he'd want them !
Hi Hugh,

No pressure at all, I'm bowing out cos the Boss says No No No!

Grrrr women they just don't understand :(

hughandella
14-04-2016, 07:40
Hi Hugh,

No pressure at all, I'm bowing out cos the Boss says No No No!

Grrrr women they just don't understand :(

Ha ha it might be politically incorrect to say so but I can only agree ! with a few notable exceptions ( Josie!) it does seem to be an obsession for the male of the species --- I'm a great believer that we remain closer to our hunter gatherer ancestors than we care to admit .... so did the male require better hearing than the nurturing mother - or are we infact just better at being nerds !!? ... when i got divorced my ex got the kids and I got the hifi - and we both thought we'd done well ( joke) ...... nothing like starting the day with some pretentious drivel eh ?

southall-1998
14-04-2016, 11:08
Those are some alpha male looking speakers there, Chris. :)

S.

hughandella
14-04-2016, 14:39
I need to raise atleast £500 to make this sale worthwhile --- so if anyone has a pair of speakers they want to swap plus cash feel free to get in touch ---- I guess that values 'your' speakers at £500-550 level ( happy to raise more cash so if you have speakers at £250/300 level I'm still interested ).... a slight preference for standmounts but will consider anything decent, they need to be relatively sensitive 89db plus ideally mid 90s as I will be driving them with either a Clones 25i but in time a heavily modded t amp putting out only 15 watts ( both drive the H2s very well )
thanks a lot
chris

Audio Al
14-04-2016, 14:52
I'm interested in a swap , What are you looking for stand mount wise ?
I have a few pairs I could deal with , maybe not your cup of tea

PM me and I will sort out a list over the weekend

hughandella
14-04-2016, 22:35
I'm interested in a swap , What are you looking for stand mount wise ?
I have a few pairs I could deal with , maybe not your cup of tea

PM me and I will sort out a list over the weekend

PM sent Al --- interested in the Harbeths on here and the WAM ( not sure of your connection with the seller - if any )

Audio Al
15-04-2016, 02:16
PM sent Al --- interested in the Harbeths on here and the WAM ( not sure of your connection with the seller - if any )

No connection , I just helped :) post the photo before he got told off ;)

hughandella
15-04-2016, 09:08
No connection , I just helped :) post the photo before he got told off ;) ��
Just a Good Samaritan - top man! .... PM me with what you have if you can --- Tks
Chris

Reffc
15-04-2016, 09:39
Great speakers, best of luck with the sale.

They do benefit massively from proper (phase correct!) crossover designs and the good news is that there are replacements (like for like drop in) for the Seas mid range which can be the weak spot, especially where H2s are moved about by handling the mid horn which doesn't do he enclosure integrity much good releasing fine damping sand from the horn annulus onto the doped mid drivers. For anyone in two minds, don't be. They're a safe buy and happy to say that I have plenty of stock for the mids on these as well as the design for a significant upgrade to them ;-)

At this price, in this condition, they're a steal.

hughandella
15-04-2016, 13:02
Great speakers, best of luck with the sale.

They do benefit massively from proper (phase correct!) crossover designs and the good news is that there are replacements (like for like drop in) for the Seas mid range which can be the weak spot, especially where H2s are moved about by handling the mid horn which doesn't do he enclosure integrity much good releasing fine damping sand from the horn annulus onto the doped mid drivers. For anyone in two minds, don't be. They're a safe buy and happy to say that I have plenty of stock for the mids on these as well as the design for a significant upgrade to them ;-)

At this price, in this condition, they're a steal.

Thanks a lot Paul kind of you to post - but agree you are simply stating the facts --- the CEAS have been changed recently ( and I have the old drivers should any buyer have use for them )--- I will be really sorry to see them go but needs must right now ---- as mentioned before I'm open to swaps for a lower value pair of nice speakers but I can afford to be a little fussy as ( for some reason ) my BW DM4s have struggled to sell so I have those ---- they're not in the same league as the H2s obv but the price reflects that ! .. some harbeths and some AN on here that are whispering to me but I need funds first and foremost ---- any audition welcome and you can also get to hear the SW1X gear I've been banging on about elsewhere !

hughandella
16-04-2016, 16:15
bump ---- on eBay but prefer a AoS sale £1000?

hughandella
17-04-2016, 16:00
SOLD STP

hughandella
19-04-2016, 20:25
now sold --- tks david enjoy them !