PDA

View Full Version : Hello from London!

ktsimikos
09-04-2016, 13:31
Hello everyone,

I am Kostas from South East London, currently doing my first steps into the audiophile hobby.
I just recently started building my system, I now have a marrantz PM 6005 amp, a technics SL 1200
and q2020i speakers.

I am looking for a new cartridge as one of my first upgrades, as the technics that i got has an ortofon om pro,
which has been used a lot and I've been advised to change it when I can.

RobbieGong
09-04-2016, 14:20
Hi Kostas, welcome to this very popular forum. Which part of SE London are you from ? I'm in SE London too.
You may well know there are a lot of SL12XX owners here. In fact it's a dangerous place to be if you have one - Upgrade / modyfiying itis is rife ( I should know ) and you may well need very deep pockets if you catch the bug like i did :eek: :)
Either way, here's the place to be with regards to the SL12XX and most if not all things hifi / system related and more.

Post a thread regarding your search for a new cart and let us know budget, mm or mc preference - You 'll receive loads of recommendations :)

The Black Adder
09-04-2016, 18:58
Hi Kostas.

Welcome to AOS. Hope you find what your looking for.

Tell us a bit more about your music tastes n things...

Enjoy! :)

Jo

Audio Al
09-04-2016, 19:45
Hi and welcome 2 AOS

The HIFI Forum

Enjoy your time here , The more YOU put in the more you get out

walpurgis
09-04-2016, 20:02
Hi Kostas. Welcome to AOS.

You've come to the right place if you're building a system. there's loads of information here and plenty of people with useful knowledge.

There are sections for the discussion of all aspects of Hi-Fi. For cartridges, visit the Analogue Arts area and ask any questions you may have. You'll also find the Techipedia sub-forum there for Technics turntables.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Macca
09-04-2016, 20:14
Welcome from me, Kostas.

ktsimikos
10-04-2016, 10:57
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I listen to all sorts of music. Lately I 've been enjoying a lot of indie/garage rock, but I also like more classic stuff like
Lou Reed, Bowie etc. I also listen to some jazz music from time to time but I am generally open to listening different genres.

I 'll post a thread soon on my thoughts for the cartridges.

Thanks!

ktsimikos
10-04-2016, 10:58
Robbie I forgot, I live in Canada Water, how about you?

HackneyRF
10-04-2016, 11:56
Hi Kostas

A warm welcome from a fellow Londoner. Hope you enjoy the forum.

The Chronicals
14-04-2016, 21:27
Hello everyone,

I am Kostas from South East London, currently doing my first steps into the audiophile hobby.
I just recently started building my system, I now have a marrantz PM 6005 amp, a technics SL 1200
and q2020i speakers.

I am looking for a new cartridge as one of my first upgrades, as the technics that i got has an ortofon om pro,
which has been used a lot and I've been advised to change it when I can.

Ah my old Marantz amp - hope it is serving you fine my friend :)

PM me if your interested in an almost new Ortofon 2m Bronze for your cart upgrade, my dad has just changed to a Nagaoka so has one going with about 40 hours on it

ktsimikos
14-04-2016, 22:07
Hi Michael!!

Yes it serves me well thank you very much! I'll let you know if I am interested in the ortofon altough I was
thinking about going for a nagaoka as well!

The Chronicals
15-04-2016, 10:01
Hi Michael!!

Yes it serves me well thank you very much! I'll let you know if I am interested in the ortofon altough I was
thinking about going for a nagaoka as well!

Ah thats grand :)

Well, Nagaokas do everything right as you know I'm a massive fan!, although might want to check the pairing with your Technics arm depending on which Nag you go for. The Ortofon is very different to the Nags I have tried - might be one for you to try them and then go with what you like most. Took me ten cartridges to find my happy place :)