PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear old trainers?

southall-1998
07-04-2016, 20:43
Well, I certainly do!

I've had these Nike Dunks now for well over 10 years. Bought them from Foot Locker, way back in Autumn of 2003.

I'm still amazed at how intact they've stayed. To a degree these trainers have aged fairly well. Of course, along with some little wear and tear.

Have owned and worn other trainers through the years. But they never lasted long as the Dunks!!

When these self-destruct. I'll be buying another set of Dunks.

What is the oldest set of trainers you wear?

S.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/TDL-STUDIO/IMG_20160407_211704_zpsvaodr2s6.jpg (http://s602.photobucket.com/user/TDL-STUDIO/media/IMG_20160407_211704_zpsvaodr2s6.jpg.html)

struth
07-04-2016, 20:48
nope. Found them bad for your feet in general. Like a good strong leather shoe now with velcro fitting, as I cant get to laces now doh!! Wore some when younger though.... nice with jeans.. had some Yankee footware when they were rare, and they were a nice shoe, but tbh they didnt breathe well for longterm wearing

those ones look quite nice Shane

southall-1998
07-04-2016, 20:52
Yes, I'm only keen on these particular styled Nike Dunks.

The other different variations of the Dunks.... never really grabbed me much.

S.

myles
07-04-2016, 20:57
Gazelles. They last me years and are like slippers.

rikardo1979
07-04-2016, 21:06
yes I do, really bad habit
http://snag.gy/y8jOY.jpg

walpurgis
07-04-2016, 21:20
These are Dunk trainers Shane.

http://i63.tinypic.com/rcm0s2.jpg

:D

southall-1998
07-04-2016, 21:26
These are Dunk trainers Shane.

http://i63.tinypic.com/rcm0s2.jpg

:D

Good heavens!!

S.

Joe
07-04-2016, 21:32
I don't wear old trainers, but I do remember the first pair I bought at age 16, which were white with red and blue stripes. They may have been Adidas, but more likely were knock-offs, as I was dead poor back then.

These days I am mostly wearing Springcourt canvas shoes, which are French tennis shoes in dark blue as befits an old bloke like me, or walking boots.

Barry
07-04-2016, 21:51
Do I wear old trainers? NO

Do I wear new trainers? NO

If I want to be casual, I either wear Gortex walking boots (which admittedly do look like heavy duty trainers), or preferably, brown moccasin-style deck shoes.

Audio Advent
07-04-2016, 22:37
I don't think i ever want to be casual, it's my default mode that requires no thinking or wanting at all :)

Amazing how different attitudes to footware can be. Whether it's generational, social circle or just outlook related I can't tell..

Barry
07-04-2016, 22:42
I don't think i ever want to be casual, it's my default mode that requires no thinking or wanting at all :)

Amazing how different attitudes to footware can be. Whether it's generational, social circle or just outlook related I can't tell..

Standards have to be maintained in the face of a national epidemic of dumbing down. Just as the early announcers on BBC wore a dinner jacket, so I do the same when posting on AoS. It would be rude not to. ;)

walpurgis
07-04-2016, 22:58
I've heard of suits being worn and I believe something called a tie. What are they? :scratch:

Audio Advent
07-04-2016, 23:37
I believe something called a tie. What are they? :scratch:

cup of?

Macca
08-04-2016, 07:34
Got some Reebok basketball boots that are about 10 years old, still going strong. Very comfortable. Just ordered some new Reebok trainers (Classics) for my holiday as I like to have 'prison white' trainers when on holiday.

There are only 3 brands to consider - Adidas, Reebok and Nike. And never wear black trainers, unless you want folk to think you are part of the Care in the Community program.

Marco
08-04-2016, 08:00
Nah, that's tartan slippers with adjustable velcro straps, paired with joggers and a dressing gown... :eyebrows:

Old trainers? They must honk to high heavens! I honestly wonder about some of you guys - no wonder you're single!! ;) Do you wear old socks, too? :spew: No, I swap my trainers over regularly, and as soon as any start to look shabby or get too dirty, they get tossed for a new pair.

Some of us have standards...

Marco.

CageyH
08-04-2016, 08:02
I wear old trainers for gardening and DIY.
Wearing worn out trainers is not good for your feet - apparently.

Marco
08-04-2016, 08:08
Indeed - or wearing any type of footwear all the time, without change. If you want to breed all sorts of bacteria, that's precisely the way to go about it. Honestly, I wouldn't like to be in the same room as some of you when you take off your shoes after a long day in manky old trainers! :eek: :vomfest:

Marco.

RichB
08-04-2016, 08:17
I have 3 pairs of Reebok classics on the go at the moment, each a year older than the other. I buy a new pair every year and retire the oldest at that point. The old pair is my 'festival' pair and weather/mud permitting will see another Glastonbury before I retire them to the bin.

Old reebok classics take a spin in the washing machine very well (with an old towel to stop them knocking about). This seems to bring them up quite shiny actually.

jollyfix
08-04-2016, 08:35
The closest thing i have to trainers are a black pair of Merrell gor tex all terrain walking shoes. Once when a teenager had a pair of white trainers, hated them until they looked old and dirty.

Beobloke
08-04-2016, 09:24
I wear trainers in the gym and nowhere else.

hifilover
08-04-2016, 09:32
Hmm...

Old; as in old and manky, or old, as in old-skool style?!

If you mean old, old then yes, smelly trainers for working outside, on the cars or in the garden... Old skool style?! Nope, no way... I only really wear Inov8 trainers for training or my North Face trainers for if out & about doing stuff like the shopping, or doing chores...

The rest of the time, I'm in my Grensons and Cheaney boots ;)

Marco
08-04-2016, 09:42
Hmm...

Old; as in old and manky, or old, as in old-skool style?!

Yes, I think the OP should clarify that.....

Marco.

walpurgis
08-04-2016, 09:48
I used to get pulled up at work by 'keen' new managers for turning up every day in Jeans, T shirt and trainers. They'd say "you can't dress like that here" and of course they'd have been right normally. But unfortunately for them I was one of few taken on from a previous contract where the employer had no dress code and the 'transfer of undertakings' legislation applied. So nearly all the other bods had to wear collar & tie and I looked like the odd job man.

Mind you, it didn't stop them picking my brains all the time. 'Cos I knew more about engineering than they did.

struth
08-04-2016, 09:57
Lol....

I used to wear steel toed trainers which always caught out the eager beaver h&s guy... Sorry not allowed on site they would say with a smug grin... Liked to have last laugh...think they became popular for a time... We liked them as we were spraying decks and you wanted both supple and flat soled footwear.

The other very silly one was hard hat whe spraying... Not that we did. Bloody stupid as only thing likely to hit you on head was bird droppings

walpurgis
08-04-2016, 10:06
The other very silly one was hard hat whe spraying... Not that we did. Bloody stupid as only thing likely to hit you on head was bird droppings

Yeah. Hard hats are a favourite with junior managers and supervisors (along with hi-viz jackets). I'd be on site, right out in the open, maybe looking at a pathway in a park with them and I'd keep looking up in the air. Somebody would say "what are you looking for", to which I'd say I was wondering what was about to fall out of the sky, 'cos they all had hats on. Daft buggers. :D

jollyfix
08-04-2016, 10:12
Fortunately i have never had to wear a suite and tie for any job. Unfortunately one job i had to wear some silver pants over a white all in one body stocking with a mushroom hat , blue eye make up , silver spikes and Jazz boots . Not the best look when walking through Glasgow.

Marco
08-04-2016, 10:52
I used to get pulled up at work by 'keen' new managers for turning up every day in Jeans, T shirt and trainers. They'd say "you can't dress like that here" and of course they'd have been right normally. But unfortunately for them I was one of few taken on from a previous contract where the employer had no dress code and the 'transfer of undertakings' legislation applied. So nearly all the other bods had to wear collar & tie and I looked like the odd job man.

Ha - nice one. I bloody LOATHE wearing a collar and tie, and only do so (under extreme sufferance) when attending funerals, otherwise its casual (or smart casual if I'm going somewhere 'posh') for me all the way. Comfort is the most important thing - and that's the last thing you feel with a tie pulled up against your neck! :nono:

Thank fook I work for myself these days, so no-one can tell me what to do or wear...

Marco.

Marco
08-04-2016, 10:53
Fortunately i have never had to wear a suite and tie for any job.

Traditional 3-piece, or a 2-seater with a recliner? Could get tiring after a while lugging that around!! :D ;)

Marco.

jollyfix
08-04-2016, 11:06
Oopps :doh:, a trad 3 piece, very heavy, but comfy. The arms were a bit worn though.

Haselsh1
08-04-2016, 11:10
Only really wear CAT boots as the damn things are just so comfy. Thoroughly detest wearing any kind of shirt and tie and just spend most of my time slobbing about in black overwashed 501's and an old worn out M65 style army jacket. If I'm feeling a tad chick friendly then I'll ditch the M65 and wear a nice stylish jacket but still keep the 501's, steady on old chap, gotta maintain some self respect.

Barry
08-04-2016, 11:54
Ha - nice one. I bloody LOATHE wearing a collar and tie, and only do so (under extreme sufferance) when attending funerals, otherwise its casual (or smart casual if I'm going somewhere 'posh') for me all the way. Comfort is the most important thing - and that's the last thing you feel with a tie pulled up against your neck! :nono:

Thank fook I work for myself these days, so no-one can tell me what to do or wear...

Marco.

I find wearing a collar and tie quite comfortable. It makes me feel good and I find shopkeepers address me as "Sir" when I wear a tie. With luck I'll be swinging your way Marco in a couple of weeks time (I have to collect a cartridge, some cables and, what I hope will be a nice bottle of wine ;)); so I'll need to find an appropriate tie to wear.

When I'm travelling to foreign countries, usually to do a bit of trekking, I wear my walking boots to the airport. I do this as I have had my bags delayed on numerous occasions; so to get around that I wear my boots and carry washing/shaving stuff in my cabin baggage. However I got fed up with having to remove my boots, belt, wristwatch, glasses etc. at security, so I thought I would try an experiment. My next trip was to Marrakech in Morocco, largely to do some sightseeing. On that occasion I went 'smart casual': jacket, trousers (rather than jeans or safari/jungle pants), collar and tie and black leather shoes. This time I didn't have to remove anything and walked through the security arch holding my passport. I was treated with the utmost politeness and addressed as 'Sir'. When I got through to the departure lounge, I was amused to note that apart from airport staff, I was the only person wearing a tie! Unfortunately the strategy didn't work coming out of Morocco.

Marco
08-04-2016, 11:57
Thoroughly detest wearing any kind of shirt and tie and just spend most of my time slobbing about in black overwashed 501's and an old worn out M65 style army jacket

Lol, quality... Because I work from home, often I don't even bother getting dressed and just slob about in my dressing gown! :eyebrows:

If any customers are coming round to drop off some artwork, or whatever, I *might* go to the trouble of putting on a t-shirt and jeans.... :D

Marco.

Macca
08-04-2016, 11:57
Old trainers? They must honk to high heavens! I honestly wonder about some of you guys - no wonder you're single!! ;) Do you wear old socks, too? :spew: No, I swap my trainers over regularly, and as soon as any start to look shabby or get too dirty, they get tossed for a new pair.

Some of us have standards...

Marco.

Contact Marco for more tips at his new website www.money2burn.com

Chuck them out 'cause they're dirty? Wipe 'em over with a damp sponge, job done.

Clothes and footwear should be binned only when falling apart. No wonder people complain about having no money. If I don't get at least 2 years constant wear from trainers I won't buy them again. A tracky top or a sweatshirt I would expect to get 20 years out of, absolute minimum. Likewise a coat. Proper shoes I only wear in the office or at weddings and funerals. I'm only on my 4th pair of shoes in 30 years.

struth
08-04-2016, 11:58
Quite like getting booted and suited these days... It doesnt happen often now though. Like to weara waistcoat and pocket watch...tie pin and sleeve holders etc... If your gonna get dressed then do it with some style

Barry
08-04-2016, 12:03
Lol, quality... Because I work from home, often I don't even bother getting dressed and just slob about in my dressing gown! :eyebrows:

If any customers are coming round to drop off some artwork, or whatever, I *might* go to the trouble of putting on a t-shirt and jeans.... :D

Marco.

Yes, I've seen you running around in your 'shreddies'! Really Marco, doesn't your gentleman's gentleman dress you?

Marco
08-04-2016, 12:05
I find wearing a collar and tie quite comfortable. It makes me feel good...

For me, it's the complete opposite, as I feel stuffy and uncomfortable. I much prefer 'loose' casual clothing.

...and I find shopkeepers address me as "Sir" when I wear a tie.

Yes, I can see how that might work! ;)

With luck I'll be swinging your way Marco in a couple of weeks time (I have to collect a cartridge, some cables and, what I hope will be a nice bottle of wine; so I'll need to find an appropriate tie to wear.

Lol - I remember you wore one (along with dress trousers and shoes) when you first visited and were staying for dinner... I must admit to finding that rather amusing! ;)

However I got fed up with having to remove my boots, belt, wristwatch, glasses etc. at security, so I thought I would try an experiment. My next trip was to Marrakech in Morocco, largely to do some sightseeing. On that occasion I went 'smart casual': jacket, trousers (rather than jeans or safari/jungle pants), collar and tie and black leather shoes. This time I didn't have to remove anything and walked through the security arch holding my passport. I was treated with the utmost politeness and addressed as 'Sir'. When I got through to the departure lounge, I was amused to note that apart from airport staff, I was the only person wearing a tie! Unfortunately the strategy didn't work coming out of Morocco.

Ha - that's quite funny. In reference to the bit in bold, in warm countries I sweat like a navvy wearing only a t-shirt, shorts and trainers, so the thought of wearing a collar and tie in such heat would fill me with dread, not to mention probably kill me in the process, reducing me to a pool of sticky perspiration on the floor!! :eek:

Extreme heat I'm not good with at all, and if I'm exposed to it, like to be as 'free' and cool as possible.

Marco.

Barry
08-04-2016, 12:16
I didn't wear it all whilst I was in Morocco - I changed into my usual bush shirt and lightweight trousers. You have to be careful when wearing T-shirts in Muslim countries: you may be refused entry to mosques if you're not 'properly' dressed'.

Next time I come for dinner I'll wear my DJ.

hifilover
08-04-2016, 12:41

Marco.

Haha; not just me then!

I don't slob about in my dressing gown; that's just bloody lazy... I sit here in joggers and a t-shirt :p

But, when out & about meeting clients/candidates, I'm in jeans, shirt and usually Grensons... Smart, casual and comfy!

Spectral Morn
08-04-2016, 13:24
Indeed - or wearing any type of footwear all the time, without change. If you want to breed all sorts of bacteria, that's precisely the way to go about it. Honestly, I wouldn't like to be in the same room as some of you when you take off your shoes after a long day in manky old trainers! :eek: :vomfest:

Marco.

D9FBQ1O5F8k

"Stink-Foot"

[includes a quote from Dragnet (Schumann/Rosza)]

In the dark
Where all the fevers grow
Under the water
Where the shark bubbles blow
In the mornin'
By yer radio
Do the walls close in t' suffocate ya
You ain't got no friends . . .
An' all the others: they hate ya
Does the life you been livin' gotta go, hmmm?
Well, lemme straighten you out
About a place I know . . .
(Get yer shoes 'n socks on people,
It's right aroun' the corner!)
Out through the night
An' the whispering breezes
To the place where they keep
The Imaginary Diseases,
Out through the night
An' the whispering breezes
To the place where they keep
The Imaginary Diseases, mmm . . .

This has to be the disease for you
Now scientists call this disease
Bromidrosis
But us regular folks
Who might wear tennis shoes
Or an occasional python boot
Know this exquisite little inconvenience
By the name of:
STINK FOOT
Y'know, my python boot is too tight
I couldn't get it off last night
A week went by, an' now it's July
I finally got it off
An' my girl-friend cry
"You got STINK FOOT!
STINK FOOT, darlin'
Your STINK FOOT puts a hurt on my nose!
STINK FOOT! STINK FOOT! I ain't lyin',
Can you rinse it off, d'you suppose?"
Here Fido . . . Fido . . .
C'mere little puppy . . . bring the slippers
"Arf, arf, arf!" (crash-crumble-bump-bump-bump)
Heh heh heh . . . sick . . .

Well then Fido got up off the floor an' he rolled over
An' he looked me straight in the eye
An' you know what he said?
Once upon a time
Somebody say to me
(This is a dog talkin' now)
What is your Conceptual Continuity?
Well, I told him right then
(Fido said)
It should be easy to see
The crux of the biscuit
Is the Apostrophe(')
Well, you know
The man who was talkin' to the dog
Looked at the dog an' he said: (sort of staring in disbelief)
"You can't say that!"
He said:
"IT DOESN'T, 'n YOU CAN'T!
I WON'T, 'n IT DON'T!
IT HASN'T, IT ISN'T, IT EVEN AIN'T
'N IT SHOULDN'T . . .
IT COULDN'T!"
He told me NO NO NO!
I told him YES YES YES!
I said: "I do it all the time . . .
Ain't this boogie a mess!"
THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES
THE POODLE CHEWS IT
THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES
THE POODLE CHEWS IT
THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES
THE POODLE CHEWS IT
THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES
THE POODLE CHEWS IT
(POO-DLE . . . )
THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES
( . . . BITES)
THE POODLE CHEWS IT
(POO-DLE . . . )
THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES
( . . . BITES)
THE POODLE CHEWS IT
(POO-DLE . . . )
THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES
( . . . BITES)
THE POODLE CHEWS IT
(POO-DLE . . . )
THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES
( . . . BITES)
THE POODLE CHEWS IT
THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES
THE POODLE CHEWS IT
THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES
THE POODLE CHEWS IT
THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES

Spectral Morn
08-04-2016, 13:28
I find wearing a collar and tie quite comfortable. It makes me feel good and I find shopkeepers address me as "Sir" when I wear a tie. With luck I'll be swinging your way Marco in a couple of weeks time (I have to collect a cartridge, some cables and, what I hope will be a nice bottle of wine ;)); so I'll need to find an appropriate tie to wear.

When I'm travelling to foreign countries, usually to do a bit of trekking, I wear my walking boots to the airport. I do this as I have had my bags delayed on numerous occasions; so to get around that I wear my boots and carry washing/shaving stuff in my cabin baggage. However I got fed up with having to remove my boots, belt, wristwatch, glasses etc. at security, so I thought I would try an experiment. My next trip was to Marrakech in Morocco, largely to do some sightseeing. On that occasion I went 'smart casual': jacket, trousers (rather than jeans or safari/jungle pants), collar and tie and black leather shoes. This time I didn't have to remove anything and walked through the security arch holding my passport. I was treated with the utmost politeness and addressed as 'Sir'. When I got through to the departure lounge, I was amused to note that apart from airport staff, I was the only person wearing a tie! Unfortunately the strategy didn't work coming out of Morocco.

Just the kind of character that should be stopped and searched fully lol

Spectral Morn
08-04-2016, 13:32
I haven't worn track shoes, sneakers since I was a teenager.

Once I discovered boots I became a boot wearer, and nice leather shoes for formal stuff.

Re shirts and ties, if I have to, but not through choice.

jollyfix
08-04-2016, 13:37
I haven't worn track shoes, sneakers since I was a teenager.

Once I discovered boots I became a boot wearer.
Same here Neil. Big fan of boots, but not the industrial chunky looking types.

Gmanuk101
08-04-2016, 13:46
yeah I've got a few pairs of trainers.. Still have a rare pair of Adidas which were designed and signed by a California skater in 2005.

RichB
08-04-2016, 14:05
I wear suits for work a couple of times a week but haven't worn a tie in years. To me it's a bit like a uniform and takes away any worries about being appropriately attired. A black suit, blue shirt and brown shoes wont see you embarrassed in any professional/social occasion. I buy 2 a year and recycle the old ones to the charity shop in decent nick.

There's a family wedding coming up this year so instead of my usual M&S specials I quite fancy getting something bespoke. A nice tweed effort perhaps, my cousin is marrying into Northumberland land owning sorts so I'll go for the weekend dressed like Squire rather than Charver

Macca
08-04-2016, 14:10
A bespoke tweed suit isn't going to be cheap.

Handy when you get invited up for a spot of shooting at the weekend, what what jeeves.

No good to me, I'd get mistaken for a beater. Or possibly the gun dog.

RichB
08-04-2016, 14:35
A bespoke tweed suit isn't going to be cheap.

Handy when you get invited up for a spot of shooting at the weekend, what what jeeves.

No good to me, I'd get mistaken for a beater. Or possibly the gun dog.

Barbour jacket crowd I call them.

I do own a Barbour but that's an advantage of living near the factory shop. Slight seconds at a third of the price.

Again another item which when bought well can last years, if not a lifetime. With the warmer months coming I think I'll put mine in for re waxing in preparation for another winter.

walpurgis
08-04-2016, 14:59
I sit here in joggers and a t-shirt :p

That's what I'm wearing now and what I always wear indoors. Comfort first. I even find jeans uncomfortable for lounging around in.

struth
08-04-2016, 15:22
I always wear moleskins.. Comfort and look good.. Great in wet weather too. Prefer Lovat colour

Scooby
08-04-2016, 15:46
I can't stand trainers. They are ok if you're doing sports, I guess, but not for anything else.

Ali Tait
08-04-2016, 17:43
Great thing about being a site manager, you can go to work looking like you slept outside last night, and no-one bats an eyelid.

Pieoftheday
08-04-2016, 17:44
My last adidas sambas lasted about 5 years,loved em,I have 6 other pairs of adidas but sambas are my favourite, I Best get shopping:)

walpurgis
08-04-2016, 17:46
I can't stand trainers. They are ok if you're doing sports, I guess, but not for anything else.

I can assure you trainers work just fine for things other than sports. :)

Audio Advent
08-04-2016, 18:36
There are only 3 brands to consider - Adidas, Reebok and Nike. And never wear black trainers, unless you want folk to think you are part of the Care in the Community program.

Ah no. Another interesting take on clothing!

Whilst I know what you mean, it depends on the trainer, the style. I've some nice black Reebok classics, made of a cotton/nylon mix - it's a reissue of something from a long time a go. Very nice in my opinion and definately nothing you'd find a care in the comminty person wearing.

And there are loads of brands to consider too. Lets not forget all the skater brands too for example (and Reebok's not really a major player these days - I think that's a bit behind the times!).

As a kid, I had some "Nicks" - funnily enough I prefered some white moccassan slip ons with white tassles at the time ! Hahaha..

Joe
08-04-2016, 18:38
Shoes - they cover your feet.

Seriously, who of the male persuasion above the age of 25 or so gives a toss about what anyone else wears? We should also bear in mind the poet Burns' lines about 'seeing ourselves as others see us', as well as the Biblical warnings about motes and beams and casting the first stone.

Audio Advent
08-04-2016, 19:11

So much the opposite to me. Trainers of some kind or other are the shoe that you can do pretty much anything in, the universal footwear. Trainers make you feel lighter on your feet and therefore more energetic.

Boots get tiresome for just straight walking in town, can't run for a bus in them as fast, not so comfortable for driving, get hot.. etc etc Smart shoes I wear about once every two years for an unusual do of some kind.

Just wear boots for work for protection but even then second guess the job and wear non-steels for those with no heavy gear involved, some more comfortable walking boots - trainers at work make you look a bit hap-hassard, unprofessional, cockney white van man painter/decorator type.

walpurgis
08-04-2016, 19:12
We should also bear in mind the poet Burns' lines about 'seeing ourselves as others see us'

True. Unfortunately many lack the ability to do this. Hence the jeans with sagging arse. Too large shirt collars. Too tight jackets. T shirt stains. The staggeringly bad haircut from the wife. Belly hanging over a belt and so on. :D

Audio Advent
08-04-2016, 19:15
Shoes - they cover your feet.

Seriously, who of the male persuasion above the age of 25 or so gives a toss about what anyone else wears? We should also bear in mind the poet Burns' lines about 'seeing ourselves as others see us', as well as the Biblical warnings about motes and beams and casting the first stone.

Err... "Hifi - it just plays music!" Yet here we all are.

I think just as many over 25 as under 25 . I certainly had less interest at under 25 than I do today but that because I have more choice these days due to various things including online shopping and actually having some money to spend.. so of course spend more time looking.

Audio Advent
08-04-2016, 19:19

On second reading of that, doesn't that kind of contradict itself, not giving a toss and then worrying about how other's see us?

I think an overall impression I would hope others see in me is one of "he feels free and unbound by other's judgement!" (even if it's not strictly true) and therefore hope to give others encouragement to be truely themselves and not a contrived notion of oneself.

hifilover
08-04-2016, 19:51
Trainers, for me, are my mainstay as I'm doing all sorts, all the time. Working for yourself has it that way.

I'll be in my office working (feet I slippers), next minute I'll be in the garden tending to it, or in one of our veg patches weeding etc...

Next I'll be in the garage remembering I needed to do something to the car(s) or I'll be out running a chore...!

Grensons, Cheaneys or my uber comfy Patagonia boots are saved for the right occasions ;)

RichB
08-04-2016, 21:23
After despising the look of them and considering them overpriced I last year found a pair of crocs for £15. I bloody love them. They live by the door and so handy for popping out to the garden. I wore them all last summer and they'll do another easily.

You know you've officially stopped giving a shit when you buy crocs.

Barry
08-04-2016, 21:31
After despising the look of them and considering them overpriced I last year found a pair of crocs for £15. I bloody love them. They live by the door and so handy for popping out to the garden. I wore them all last summer and they'll do another easily.

What are "crocs"?

struth
08-04-2016, 21:34
think they are clogs of sorts

Spectral Morn
08-04-2016, 21:34
What are "crocs"?

an abomination beyond all others :eek:

http://images.crocs.com/is/image/Crocs/10001_410_ALT100?$smstandard$

RichB
08-04-2016, 21:39
an abomination beyond all others :eek:

http://images.crocs.com/is/image/Crocs/10001_410_ALT100?$smstandard$

I quite agree, repulsive things, then you put them on....

Barry
08-04-2016, 21:40
Thanks! They look to be made of rubber, so I can see how they might be regarded as general purpose around the house and garden. But I wouldn't be seen dead wearing them out in the street!

RichB
08-04-2016, 21:47
Thanks! They look to be made of rubber, so I can see how they might be regarded as general purpose around the house and garden. But I wouldn't be seen dead wearing them out in the street!

I wouldn't wear them on a night out but if popping out to the shops and for holidays they're fab.

Oddball
08-04-2016, 22:07
No

Jonboy
08-04-2016, 23:17
I have to wear steel toe caps everyday for work so putting on a pair of trainers when I come home is bliss but the First thing that goes on my feet when I walk through the door is usually a pair of crocs .

got a bit of a thing about nice clothes , must have ten pairs of trainers and 8 pairs of Redwing boots ... Don't mention my jacket and jean collection

Ali Tait
08-04-2016, 23:26

Totally agree. I have two pairs. I officially don't give a shit twice.

Audio Advent
08-04-2016, 23:52

Haha.

Good for sterilising too I guess (I guess that's why so many hospital nurses wear them?) .

Jonboy
09-04-2016, 08:08

With all the shoes I have I Spend most of the summer in my crocs to be honest , use them as slippers when they get a bit worn down , absolutely lethal in the wet when the tread has worm off .... Was at the hotrod hayride event last summer wearing a pair and got told that " there not cool" by a die hard hot-rodder , that made me laugh don't know what he's missing

myles
09-04-2016, 08:44
This thread is priceless!

hifilover
09-04-2016, 09:41
Thank god it's smell'less too ;)

Marco
09-04-2016, 11:15
Scratch and sniff? :eyebrows:

Marco.

Macca
09-04-2016, 11:35
Frankly the whole 'crocs' thing has completely unsettled me.

Jonboy
09-04-2016, 12:54
Frankly the whole 'crocs' thing has completely unsettled me.

:lol:

Marco
09-04-2016, 13:29
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/923/FUQkAQ.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/pnFUQkAQj)

Marco.

struth
09-04-2016, 13:33
They legs Look pretty spindley and the big clogs dont help.

Joe
09-04-2016, 13:36
Long live the croc-wearing free-thinkers and non-conformists!

Marco
09-04-2016, 13:42
:eyebrows: :eyebrows:

Marco.

Beobloke
09-04-2016, 15:14

As someone said to me once, rubber shoes should only be worn by mental patients and children under 8.

And don't get me started on flip-flops...