PDA

View Full Version : wanted : beefy integrated amplifier (remote control and pre-outs)

mad-moon
06-04-2016, 15:13
doesn't look like I'm gonna get the Denon poa4400's from Loughborough...so has anybody got a beefy integrated amplifier..with remote control..and it must have pre-outs..favour Musical Fidelity..up to 400 quid..if that's possible...what have you chappies got?

hifilover
06-04-2016, 15:34
Save some £££ and get an Arcam Alpha 10 ;)

IMO; they never bettered this amp! The FMJ A32 came close and that'd be worth looking at too, but it didn't do as well as the Alpha 10 :D

mad-moon
06-04-2016, 15:42
Not an Arcam fan...but thanks for your input..

IMO; they never bettered this amp! The FMJ A32 came close and that'd be worth looking at too, but it didn't do as well as the Alpha 10 :D

hifilover
06-04-2016, 16:32
That's a shame!

Have you heard the Alpha 10 or FMJ A32? If not, then I'd suggest it as they weren't the usual 'Arcam' sound! They were so much better...!

Tom-Brown
06-04-2016, 17:42
Hi I've got a NAD C370 Integrated complete with remote and the superb C270 power amp which complements the C370 perfectly so you can bi amp or even mono bridge without too much effort. They are sitting about doing nothing now :) :) :) PM me for a price - sorry but due to size and weight and no suitable boxes they would have to be collected from DN21 :)

mad-moon
06-04-2016, 18:50
Thanks Graham..looking for something higher end ta...
Hi I've got a NAD C370 Integrated complete with remote and the superb C270 power amp which complements the C370 perfectly so you can bi amp or even mono bridge without too much effort. They are sitting about doing nothing now :) :) :) PM me for a price - sorry but due to size and weight and no suitable boxes they would have to be collected from DN21 :)

Tom-Brown
06-04-2016, 20:16
Thanks Graham..looking for something higher end ta...

No worries alan - just they punch well above their weight so you do get a lot of bang for little money :) :)

mikeyb
06-04-2016, 20:31
Jerry's Restek Challenger - no remote but it's a cracking amp otherwise.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?43585-FS-Restek-Challenger-integrated-amp-130wpc

mad-moon
06-04-2016, 20:43
Mmmmm...tempted..I've looked at this a few times....I'm picking up a Musical Fidelty A3 tomorrow..to try out at home..which meets my requirements and has a phono stage to boot...
Jerry's Restek Challenger - no remote but it's a cracking amp otherwise.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?43585-FS-Restek-Challenger-integrated-amp-130wpc

southall-1998
06-04-2016, 20:50
Mmmmm...tempted..I've looked at this a few times....I'm picking up a Musical Fidelty A3 tomorrow..to try out at home..which meets my requirements and has a phono stage to boot...

Looking forward to your findings, Alan.

S.

rikardo1979
06-04-2016, 21:02
all these goodies are somewhere far up north or elsewhere but not in Dorset :steam:
I am after some amp myself but there seems to be nothing and nobody close to us

RichB
06-04-2016, 22:51
Selling my monoblocks Alan. Not an integrated though. Still, plenty bargain, much cheapness etc.

mad-moon
07-04-2016, 07:44
Rich...thanks for the offer...but I'm going back down the integrated route..This dual mono Musical Fidelity A3 sounds promising...My pluck has been knocked in a bit with the Denons...I'd still like them....If they ever materialise the MF will make a cracking pre.....I'd lay odds that this class A Forte Audio model 2 would make a superb pre to the nva's...and will be going up for sale shortly too..if the MF is what everyone is claiming it to be...we'll have to see.

Selling my monoblocks Alan. Not an integrated though. Still, plenty bargain, much cheapness etc.

mad-moon
07-04-2016, 21:09
Musical fidelity A3..is a punchy 85 watts pc of loveliness...I'll be paying the wonga over tomorrow...So now sorted..thankyou for your offers and comments...Big Al...

southall-1998
07-04-2016, 21:47
Musical fidelity A3..is a punchy 85 watts pc of loveliness...I'll be paying the wonga over tomorrow...So now sorted..thankyou for your offers and comments...Big Al...

In love with it? I hear wedding bells...

:)

S.

loonytunes
08-04-2016, 13:42

The Alpha 10 is a "brilliant" amp! I've recently sold one for a friend, but during the time I was selling I hooked it up and had it running for a Month - so I have good experience of it. Although it was one up on the standard integrated because I was using the Alpha 10 pre/power - marvellous! Easily betters the Rega Elex-R and Roksan K2BT pre/power which I tried around the same period too. I was so shocked how good the 10 was that I thought I would try the Rega and Roksan after the sale swayed by how good the 10 was - sadly they didn't sound as good as the old A10 pre/power.

In addition the remote control on the Alpha 10 was far less fussy than the other two - you could aim and shoot the remote anywhere in the room and it would still control the volume on the A10