PDA

View Full Version : For Sale - My GL75 Project

Tom-Brown
03-04-2016, 11:10
NOW SOLD PENDING FUNDS AND COLLECTION :) :)

Following a recent downturn in my health I know that I'm going to be able to finish this project :( so here go's I would prefer collection from DN21 1JE but I do have suitable packaging to post via Yodel :)

PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THERE IS 4% BUILT INTO THE PRICES FOR PP FEES - CASH OR BANK TRANSFER WILL GET A 4% DISCOUNT :) :)

1. A dismantled Lenco GL75. All the parts are complete and the base plate has been professionally re-sprayed in a very fetching red. The motor is mounted and runs smooth and quiet. It's been rewired with shielded cable. I have overhauled the spindle assembly and it's ready to be fitted. The arm hole has been rounded and drilled to suit the Alphason arm that I'm selling but it will also suit most Linn arms so I'm told. All the required parts are complete and it's ready for assembly.
Looking for £180 plus postage paypal accepted but would prefer cash into bank or cash on collection (UK POSTAGE ONLY)
http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af42/tombrowntracker/20160403_111840_zpsdjjvrmbg.jpg

2. Brand new never used custom piano black GL75 plinth. The plate fits perfectly. The feet seen are not included as they are going on my new 401 custom plinth.
it's made from some sort of mdf composite material and is really well made.
Looking for £140 plus postage same terms as above
http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af42/tombrowntracker/20160403_111831_zpswnmywzyw.jpg

3. Alphason HR-100S tone arm. Bought to drop straight in the GL75 without much messing. I believe these are highly regarded and to add to it's worth - it's still in the box having been to johhnie at audio origami - he gave it a once over and states that it is an early model and the bearings are in great shape. He's worked his magic and fitted new head wires and upgraded rca cables. Not been out of the box since returned from him :( :(
Looking for £480 plus postage (RM Special delivery) same terms as above.
http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af42/tombrowntracker/20160403_111940_zpsmex3tyoc.jpg

Please be aware that I will not be bumping these often as they will be off to ebay as I need to get rid before I start some intensive medical treatment. Also, as an added incentive for anyone who want's to collect, I have loads of spares that they can have FOC including another original top plate, motor and spindle assembly along with all the other bits that were removed. probably enough to build another unit :) :) the only thing is no tone arm.

Tom-Brown
04-04-2016, 10:56
Wow - didn't last a day on 1st page :) :) Back up then off to fleabay!!!

djdstone
10-04-2016, 17:27
where did the plinth come from?

struth
10-04-2016, 17:35
Lovely work... A super project to put together for someone....not much beats a well fettled 75 in anywhere near the pricerange

Tom-Brown
10-04-2016, 17:53
Cheers guy's - the lucky new owner will be collecting tomorrow :) The plinth was made in Lithuania :) :) a real bit of workmanship - even the guy who is making my new 401 plinth was impressed with it and said he'd be hard pushed to make it for that kind of money!!