PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from India

sanjivs
31-03-2016, 08:35
Hi folks,

My name is Sanjiv Sahgal and I live in New Delhi. I am retired... after putting in about two decades in the IT industry. I also spent countless hours over 6 - 8 years learning studio pottery and did take part in a few exhibitions. Today, I mainly listen to jazz and some amount of western classical music, but some times do enjoy rock/pop music from my younger days.

My system consists of the following: Garrard 301 turntable/SME Series III tonearm/Ortofon Super OM20 cartridge; Valve/Tube MM phono preamplifier*; Marantz CD6004 CD player; 3-watt/channel EL84 SEP amplifier* using Hashimoto output transformers driving a pair of 15" Hawthorne Silver Iris coaxial drivers & FostexFT17H horn super tweeters through passive crossovers, and a 25-watt/channel solid-state stereo amplifier* driving a pair of 15" Eminence Alpha 15A bass drivers through an active crossover*. The speakers are in open baffle format. [* make - Lyrita Audio]

Other pieces lying around include a Technics SL-D303 turntable, a ECL86 PP tube/valve amplifier (modified Rogers Cadet II), a Sony STR D315 receiver and a Technics RS-BX808 3-head cassette deck (not sure if this is in working order)

I look forward to exchanging ideas, experiences & knowledge with all forum members.

Cheers,

jandl100
31-03-2016, 10:07
Hello Sanjiv & welcome to the forum. :)

That's a very interesting collection of hifi you have there. Garrard 301 - valves - open baffle speakers. Lots of fans of all of those here!
I look forward to seeing some photos in the forum's Gallery section.

jollyfix
31-03-2016, 10:28
Hi Sanjiv, welcome to AOS. i ,like Jerry and I'm sure others here would love to see some photos of your HiFi . Enjoy the forum Sanjiv.

Barry
31-03-2016, 15:55
Welcome to AoS Sanjiv.

Yes - that looks to be an interesting system,and like others have said we would love to see some photos.

The Rogers Cadet integrated amplifier was a nice little amplifier.

Enjoy the Forum
Barry

walpurgis
31-03-2016, 21:24
Hello Sanjiv. Welcome from me too.

I like your collection of Hi-Fi. Quite eclectic and definitely interesting.

You'll find plenty to interest you here.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.