PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

Woodsong Audio
29-03-2016, 20:54
Greetings to all.. I finally signed up to this wonderful forum.... My name is Chris Harban. I have been drawn to quality sound since I was young, and have been building plinths and refurbishing turntables, including the Garrards, and Thorens, and Linn, full time for the past 10 years. I love it!

Today, I was perusing what is happening in the Garrard 'cyber' world, and remembered this forum.

Just for fun, here is a photo of one of the Garrards I built. (photography is an interest of mine, also... ;) )

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5665/22458742060_7bca82614a_o.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/AdAVyG)

Jimbo
29-03-2016, 21:01
Hi Chris and welcome to AOS.

That is a fabulous looking Garrard. What is the plinth wood type?

If you were a bit nearer I would like you to build me one for my Lenco GL75:)

struth
29-03-2016, 21:03
Hi chris, thats a lovely piece of art mate. Very nice indeed. If you intend trading here you will need a trade account, if youve not already contacted Marco, then do so, as it would give you the base. If youve just joined to be part of the forum the thats great too...

welcome aboard.

Woodsong Audio
29-03-2016, 21:16
Hi Chris and welcome to AOS.

That is a fabulous looking Garrard. What is the plinth wood type?

If you were a bit nearer I would like you to build me one for my Lenco GL75:)

Thank you Jim. The finish is Wenge. The core is Baltic Birch, with Panzerholz and man made slate.

I have not yet built for the Lenco, but it is on 'the list' !

Woodsong Audio
29-03-2016, 21:19
Hi chris, thats a lovely piece of art mate. Very nice indeed. If you intend trading here you will need a trade account, if youve not already contacted Marco, then do so, as it would give you the base. If youve just joined to be part of the forum the thats great too...

welcome aboard.

Thank you, Struth.

I do not plan on selling here, just being part of the community. Of course, the experience that I have to share comes from a background of working on these decks on a daily basis. A photo has been said to speak better than words in some cases, so I posted one. I hope it was okay that I did.

struth
29-03-2016, 21:23
No problem Chris. It was just due to your user name, that I mention it.. Lots of TT folk here, and quite a few will be lusting after your work if its all like that :eyebrows:

Got a few shots of your personal HiFi, then pop them into the gallery for us to lust after.

Woodsong Audio
29-03-2016, 21:35
No problem Chris. It was just due to your user name, that I mention it.. Lots of TT folk here, and quite a few will be lusting after your work if its all like that :eyebrows:

Got a few shots of your personal HiFi, then pop them into the gallery for us to lust after.

Oh shoot.. that was one of the ugly ones. I was trying to be nice....

;)

lurcher
29-03-2016, 21:42
How did you find that Reed arm? I borrowed one (and the matching turntable) for a show last year and liked the arm a lot.

Woodsong Audio
29-03-2016, 21:42
Just looking around, maybe I should be listed as a trade member?

Woodsong Audio
29-03-2016, 21:44
How did you find that Reed arm? I borrowed one (and the matching turntable) for a show last year and liked the arm a lot.

I am a dealer for Reed.

walpurgis
29-03-2016, 21:50
Hello Chris. Welcome from me too.

Love the look of your Garrard. If you're doing a Lenco to that standard, it will be something special.

No reason that you can't be listed as a trade member and still join in the general chat here that I'm aware of.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Barry
01-04-2016, 13:47
Is that the black arm shown to the left? Tell us more. :)

Welcome to AoS by the way Chris.

Woodsong Audio
11-04-2016, 15:16
Thank you Barry.

The black tonearm in the rear left position, came from a maker in New Zealand, I believe. I do not recall the brand, at this moment. It was sent to me by a client who had commissioned me to build a plinth.

Spectral Morn
11-04-2016, 15:42
Greetings to all.. I finally signed up to this wonderful forum.... My name is Chris Harban. I have been drawn to quality sound since I was young, and have been building plinths and refurbishing turntables, including the Garrards, and Thorens, and Linn, full time for the past 10 years. I love it!

Today, I was perusing what is happening in the Garrard 'cyber' world, and remembered this forum.

Just for fun, here is a photo of one of the Garrards I built. (photography is an interest of mine, also... ;) )

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5665/22458742060_7bca82614a_o.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/AdAVyG)

Welcome to AoS, very nice Garrard plinth.

YNWaN
11-04-2016, 17:22
Lovely plinth and super photograph too :). People on this forum may not know but Chris is very well known in the Linn world for making absolutely stunning plinths for the LP12. He may be based in America but his work sells all over the world and can certainly be bought in the UK.

Woodsong Audio
12-04-2016, 23:32
Hi Mark! Thank you for the kind words.

Good to bump into you here...

eu_73
13-04-2016, 08:04
Hello Chris,
and welcome on board.
I've been inspired by your aesthetic "interpretation" of TD 124 plinth (and also by Artisan Fidelity) in the restoration of my Thorens :)

YNWaN
13-04-2016, 10:17
Hi Mark! Thank you for the kind words.

Good to bump into you here...

Hi Chris :) - it's a small world, the audio world in particular ;).

Woodsong Audio
14-04-2016, 04:07
Hello Chris,
and welcome on board.
I've been inspired by your aesthetic "interpretation" of TD 124 plinth (and also by Artisan Fidelity) in the restoration of my Thorens :)

Thank you Eugenio.

I would love to see what you have done?

eu_73
14-04-2016, 07:26
Thank you Eugenio.

I would love to see what you have done?

You can find it here --> http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?43382-My-Thorens-TD-124-Mk1-restoration-project :)

Audio Al
14-04-2016, 09:33
Hi and welcome 2 AOS

The HIFI Forum

Enjoy your time here , The more YOU put in the more you get out