PDA

View Full Version : Hello people

Shadow Moses
27-03-2016, 21:30
Hi all
Just a quick intro to introduce myself on this great looking forum. My names Neil I'm from West Midlands and have a great love for music of all kinds. My favourite medium is vinyl and I'm enjoying the challenge of replacing most of the records I sadly gave away,sold,chucked and lent out years ago. My current system is a Yaqin mc100b upgraded the caps and volume pot, a 'lesbox' ms23b,a Lenco gl75 that I've been modding/upgrading and Ditton 44's (wishing to get some 66's in the future). Looking forward to having some fun on the forum and learning lots
Thanks
Neil

jollyfix
27-03-2016, 21:39
Hi Neil, welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum.

struth
27-03-2016, 21:54
Hi all
Just a quick intro to introduce myself on this great looking forum. My names Neil I'm from West Midlands and have a great love for music of all kinds. My favourite medium is vinyl and I'm enjoying the challenge of replacing most of the records I sadly gave away,sold,chucked and lent out years ago. My current system is a Yaqin mc100b upgraded the caps and volume pot, a 'lesbox' ms23b,a Lenco gl75 that I've been modding/upgrading and Ditton 44's (wishing to get some 66's in the future). Looking forward to having some fun on the forum and learning lots
Thanks
Neil

WElcome to AoS Neil. A Baggie eh; good stuff, and good luck rediscovering and replacing your vinyl. It can be costly, but still lots of fun. What kind of muzac do you listen to?

Shadow Moses
27-03-2016, 22:12
Thanks for the welcome guys and yep big baggies fan here, I listen to all kinds of music but mainly rock/metal. Yep records can be costly but it's a great feeling droppin that needle :guitar::guitar:

walpurgis
27-03-2016, 22:13
Hello Neil. Welcome to AOS.

You are not the first to be replacing a record collection. I think a few members here have been through that.

Sounds like you're having fun with your system. The Lenco is a great bit of kit, they have plenty of fans, I'm part way through doing one up myself.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
27-03-2016, 22:21
Thanks for the welcome guys and yep big baggies fan here, I listen to all kinds of music but mainly rock/metal. Yep records can be costly but it's a great feeling droppin that needle :guitar::guitar:

Thats good, and I used to be, and may still be an Honoury Baggie lol

Shadow Moses
28-03-2016, 11:17
Hello Neil. Welcome to AOS.

You are not the first to be replacing a record collection. I think a few members here have been through that.

Sounds like you're having fun with your system. The Lenco is a great bit of kit, they have plenty of fans, I'm part way through doing one up myself.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Thanks for the welcome Geoff, I love my Lenco forever tinkering with it, it does bring a smile to my face

Shadow Moses
28-03-2016, 11:18
Thats good, and I used to be, and may still be an Honoury Baggie lol

Boing Boing :cheers:

hifinutt
28-03-2016, 19:00
welcome from a bluenose !

Jimbo
28-03-2016, 19:39
Hi and welcome Neil, mmmm I got rid of all my vinyl about 25 years ago and I am still replacing it. I too have a GL75, and I am just round the corner from you.

A few similarities there!:)

archiesdad
28-03-2016, 20:10
Hi Neil, welcome to AoS, sure you'll enjoy it here although your wallet might not agree.

Barry
01-04-2016, 12:32
Welcome to AoS Neil,

What's a 'baggie' by the way? Good luck in replacing those LPs. In the past I too have given many away to jumble sales or to friends, some of which in retrospect I now regret.

Enjoy the Forum