PDA

View Full Version : Hi devotees of great listening. New to AoS so Hello from Melbourne, Australia.

soundart13
27-03-2016, 12:07
Like all readers here, listening to eclectic sources of music on quality Hi Fi has been part of my life since I purchased my Naim Nait 3 and Keswick Audio Volantes in the mid 1990s. I am looking to upgrade my current system (the Nait 3 - yes 21 years old and not a peep, performing as a good as new), Rega Planet, Rega DAC, RP 5 TT, and the Volantes. Living in Melbourne I hope to hear from many of you, especially those in UK who are lucky to have many of my favourite brands on your doorsteps, with views on the equipment I am thinking to buy (all English of course) and how owners of any of the components I am looking for can offer feedback of their experiences. My search begins with the prospect of the NAIM HDX. The concept of recording my CD collection on a HD and accessibility to every track at my fingertips via my iPad gives me the possibilities I am looking for. Do any of you have experiences of one and what NAIM amp would best suit it (I will need an integrated amp)? Also is it needing a DAC? I would think given the price of the unit the reproduction would be superb and not need one. Look forward to hearing from anyone. Regards, S.

struth
27-03-2016, 12:28
Nice intro Perry.. Second Aussie starter today. Hope you enjoy the forum. Any questions are best put in the main forum in their appropriate section.

Macca
27-03-2016, 13:15
Hi Perry

Welcome from me. Post your streamer question in the Digital section, lots of people will advise.

Audio Al
27-03-2016, 14:23
:wave::goodluck:

Barry
01-04-2016, 13:54
Welcome to AoS Perry

Enjoy the Forum
Barry

jollyfix
01-04-2016, 14:00
Hi Perry, welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum.

walpurgis
02-04-2016, 08:36
Welcome from me too Perry.

We'll look forward to hearing about your system changes.

If you want opinions or advice, why not start a thread in the Blank Canvas section with your ideas and any questions.

Tell us what music you listen to.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.