PDA

View Full Version : Hello from downunder!

Steph
27-03-2016, 04:37
H all, just an intro, I have just got back into audio after about 15 years. A lot has happened in that time and it exites me a lot:D I have had my system together for about 2 weeks and have some acoustic panels scattered around the lounge and hope to mount them this arvo. Bit of A Rega fan, or should I say have just become one, Value/sound quality/keeping it simple is my credo. Have just bought my first turntable and DAC and switch between analogue and streaming digital, and like them both for different music genres. :)

Macca
27-03-2016, 08:31
Hi Stephen and welcome to AoS

Quite a few members here from Perth WA now - someone should organize a meet.

The Black Adder
27-03-2016, 08:55
G'day, Stephen.

Welcome to AOS. Rega kit is smashing value for money.

:) jo :)

walpurgis
27-03-2016, 09:35
Hello Stephen. Welcome to AOS.

Looks like you're enjoying your re-entry to the world of Hi-Fi.

Tell us what music you listen to and what future plans you may have for your system.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
27-03-2016, 10:18
Welcome aboard Steven... Nice having another from downunder

martian sunrise
27-03-2016, 10:55
Another from Perth - excellent.

Steph
28-03-2016, 04:30
Hello Stephen. Welcome to AOS.

Looks like you're enjoying your re-entry to the world of Hi-Fi.

Tell us what music you listen to and what future plans you may have for your system.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Hi thanks Geoff, I dont have many plans.......thats it, I love the way it sounds, I did about 2 months research before I bought and cant think of anything I would like to improve perhaps with the exception of room acoustics. I know, there are people out there thinking....................what a sicko!:lol:

Spectral Morn
28-03-2016, 08:05
Welcome to the forum.

Steph
28-03-2016, 09:39
Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.[/QUOTE]

Hi thanks Geoff, I dont have many plans.......thats it, I love the way it sounds, I did about 2 months research before I bought and cant think of anything I would like to improve perhaps with the exception of room acoustics. I know, there are people out there thinking....................what a sicko!:lol:

(edited) I have been thinking about my interests and what I want to pursue. So here goes: One project is to re-build my Rega with grace 707 tonearm. I am an industrial Designer and work in the area of designing and producing 3D models and rendering so I can model it and change material/details etc, with the click of a mouse button . I want to scavenge the TT parts and do a drawing of the TT plinth to get it 3d CNC'd in a material with a high density low resonance whatever that will turn out to be. And basically make it look super sexy:) Would love to draw on experience here and maybe post images of my renders for comment. So if you guys want to help me on my way that would be cool:cool: And maybe it will get me off my but on this mission:)

Macca
28-03-2016, 09:43
That sounds interesting - start a thread in the DIY section. There are at least a couple of members here who have built their own turntables.

Steph
28-03-2016, 09:46
That sounds interesting - start a thread in the DIY section. There are at least a couple of members here who have built their own turntables.

OK cheers Macca will do, cheers.